phonics app for Android?

(12 Posts)
tricot39 Thu 08-Nov-12 19:08:21

Hi
went to a phonics workshop at school yesterday and the teacher whipped through the basic phonic sounds oncesad
A friend suggested phonicfriends but it is only for iphone.

Can anyone siggest a good phonics app for android?
Uk english please.
Ta

CaseyShraeger Thu 08-Nov-12 19:23:42

You can get Read Write Phonics for Android, and I think there's a free version too so that you can try it out before parting with your £1.50.

tricot39 Thu 08-Nov-12 20:34:50

Thanks casey. I had seen that one but couldnt tell if it was uk sounds. I will take another look.

nickmarks Fri 09-Nov-12 06:19:45

I wish Coop Phonics was out for Android. Only IOS...is the best phonics app for Iphone and Ipad.

SourMilkGill Fri 09-Nov-12 23:35:38

Bit of a bump for more suggestions, please

EmRobo Sat 10-Nov-12 22:09:59

Struggling to find any too, have a fab one for mums iPad, pocket phonics, but not available on android sad She loves it too

SourMilkGill Sat 10-Nov-12 22:36:48

Read write phonics seems to be the closest to a decent phonics app.
I wish I knew how to make apps.

SourMilkGill Sat 10-Nov-12 22:37:39

Read write phonics seems to be the closest to a decent phonics app.

I wish I knew how to make apps!

tricot39 Sun 11-Nov-12 20:02:33

Me too!
It is really frustrating but it seems that most android users look for free stuff so app writers go for apple users who are more willing to pay! Ho hum.

Go on You Tube and search for phase 1 (or 2 or 3) phonic songs. Someone has grouped all the letter sounds by each phase together. It's a hit with DS who has just started phonic sounds at school. It also has a picture of the action they should be doing with each sound. DS's lovely teacher recommended it.

tricot39 Sun 11-Nov-12 22:13:07

Great thanks. Can you link please? I had looked but struggled to find non us versions

Sorry can't do links on a phone but try to look them up by the person that uploaded them, HelpMeThink85 was the name. Whilst the songs sound American all the spellings are UK English.

Hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now