Lambrook vs LVS

(53 Posts)
JD03 Thu 27-Sep-12 13:56:41

Hi,

Does anyone have views on Lambrook vs LVS? Looking for my DS to start in Yr 3. Your opinions and experiences much appreciated.

grovel Wed 09-Jan-13 09:41:30

Incidentally I think you have got your timing right vis-a-vis Lambrook. When we moved to Winkfield Row 18 years ago it was a lovely, shabby, old-fashioned boys' boarding Prep school with 90 pupils. It was almost certainly unsustainable. Over the 18 years it has become co-ed, merged with Haileybury, opened a pre-Prep and a nursery and become predominantly a day school (with excellent flexible boarding provision). It seems now to have settled down into its new persona and I would guess it could be entering a "golden age".

acmum Wed 09-Jan-13 09:53:20

How fantastic! Well done to you and your boy grovel! Eton will be out of our reach unless our DS is able to get scholarship, well, that would be nice but not getting my hopes up too high!

grovel Wed 09-Jan-13 17:51:12

Eton may be "income blind" by then. Just asking for what parents can afford. Who knows?

Just enjoy the next few years. Apologies for the cliche but they fly by.

And (major excitement for some) Prince Edward is going to open the new Performing Arts Centre at Lambrook.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now