Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

Northbridge vs The village school nw3

(8 Posts)
bunny606 Tue 29-May-12 10:26:37

Any thoughts or views on any of these schools? which one would you prefer to send your daughter too? Any feedback greatly appreciated smile

phyllisnorthlondon Wed 13-Jun-12 11:52:38

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

aspringinmystep Sun 01-Jul-12 17:56:59

It depends what the individual family wants. Village School can in some part be laxative. Some classes are very small e.g. 6. Some class rooms are also very cramped. It is privately owned and therefore has no governing body. In such a small school favouritism can become apparent. phyllis draws attention to Northbridge being run by a company Cognita but Village school is also a small business owned by the Head. I could go on ... but needless to say I am not a fan.

Oaktree55 Mon 13-Aug-12 20:30:00

The Village has lost a number of pupils recently a lot of disenchanted parents.

Kittycathill Sun 17-Nov-13 21:32:43

My daughter started at the village last year and we are very happy with it. My daughter loves it too.

Givethatdogabone Fri 22-Nov-13 13:33:45

I'm stunned to read the comments above about the village school having cramped classrooms and teachers with favourites! My daughter attends the village school and their classrooms are HUGE!!! Also the teachers are the most professional I've ever come across. It's a wonderful school. I'd recommend it to anyone, any day!

i can honestly say i haven't heard any disenchantment - the girls have a wonderful time at school with fantastic opportunities, and the parents all get together regularly for dinner and we have a great time.

I'm really surprised at the negative comments about the school and I must say i think they are a bit suspicious to say the least!

Blissx Sat 23-Nov-13 06:50:45

I think that it is suspicious that people have resurrected more than one, very old thread on The Village School, (on Education and Primary Education) just to say how wonderful it is...

Givethatdogabone Fri 13-Jun-14 23:07:31

My daughter is at the Village School and is so happy there. It's a wonderful school with large classrooms and incredibly dedicated teachers. My younger daughter starts in September 2014. I couldn't be more happy with the school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now