Knee-length school socks for tall girl!

(10 Posts)
doglover Tue 12-Jul-11 16:43:44

I've been buying navy knee-length M&S socks for my tall dd but, after only one wash, they're way too short. I seem to remember someone posting on here ages ago about a website that sells 'proper' long socks for school ............ does anyone have the details? Many thanks.

(Posted in 'Style and Beauty' as well)

doglover Tue 12-Jul-11 19:44:17

bump

thekidsmom Tue 12-Jul-11 19:58:46

How tall? My 5'8" DD wears M&S school socks and they seem to be high enough...

doglover Tue 12-Jul-11 20:10:21

Mine is 5'8", too! Snap! Her socks finish about 4" below her knees though - she looks like a dweeb!

AgonyBeetle Wed 13-Jul-11 07:52:16

There you go

smile

You have to be a bit careful researching knee socks in large sizes, the main source of <ahem> adult-sized white knee socks are aimed at quite a different population. shock But the uniform4kids ones linked to above are properly big enough, ime. John Lewis also a good bet, but not tried online.

thekidsmom Wed 13-Jul-11 09:19:43

Ours are navy blue from M&S and very stretchy - perhaps the white ones are a less 'elastic' material?

lol at 'dweeb'!

doglover Wed 13-Jul-11 16:47:50

Thanks for that, AB. Will order some tonight.

UniS Thu 14-Jul-11 19:11:06

Does it rather depend on foot isze as much as leg length? DS has long socks that go over his knees because he needs a big size foot.

ManiAnni Fri 29-Mar-13 13:35:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

EduCated Bosnia-Herzegovina Fri 29-Mar-13 19:24:18

Any particular reason you're searching for old threads on white socks, ManiAnni?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now