Braeside School, Bromley

(9 Posts)
toolittletimetoomuchtodo Tue 23-Apr-13 15:38:27

Can't add anything really but dh went there for pre-prep in the late 50's/early 60's. his mother talked for years about losing "his bloody cap". The only time I ever heard her swear.

noodlemania Tue 23-Apr-13 08:00:03

This post was a while ago but I wonder HappyAsIAM is your DS now in Braeside? We are thinking to register our son for nursery there. HappyAsIam would you mind sharing your view on Braeside please. Thank you.

HappyAsIAm Tue 28-Jun-11 14:19:20

I have sent you a PM, Scarlett.

ScarlettIsWalking Tue 28-Jun-11 10:42:50

can you PM me Happy? I will talk to you further there smile

HappyAsIAm Tue 28-Jun-11 10:34:58

Scarlett, Is your DD at Braeside or Bishop Challenor? Sorry, I didn't know which post you were replying to. If she is at Braeside for kindergarten, will you keep her there for reception and onwards do you think? We are seeing Ashgrove next week. In relation to your maths comment, do you have any DC there? I don't want a pressured setting for DS as he is a sensitive soul and woulnd't do well in that kind of atmosphere.

dobby, I haven't visited Bishop Challenor yet, as I was concerned to see so many references to the teaching as being 'satisfactory' when I read the inspection report. Though I see how complimentary they are about personal and social development and skills. Do you have any DC there? I would be really interested to hear you experience.

Thanks very much for your replies.

ScarlettIsWalking Mon 27-Jun-11 22:53:02

Ashgrove is very, very small. They are intensive with maths to the point of pressure I found personally.

ScarlettIsWalking Mon 27-Jun-11 22:51:27

Dd has just completed kindergarten there and it has been sincerely fantastic for her; relaxed but structured and she is Reading v well. Everyone I know is v happy with reception and beyond.

St christophers is a v nice school and very good value for an independent.

dobby2001 Mon 27-Jun-11 22:43:01

Bishop Challoner at Shortlands goes from Nursery right the way through to a level and scores highly on their nurturing environment and pastoral care smile.

www.bishopchallonerschool.com/

HappyAsIAm Mon 27-Jun-11 11:40:56

I am thinking of registering my DS (3 yo) for Braeside for reception. None of my friends are considering the school (favouring state schools), so I don't have any 'on the grapevine' views of the school. I went to an open morning last week and spoke to parents who had children at the school, and obviously they were very complimentary. I also really liked it - I found it a happy, relaxed and balanced school, but with a good academic grounding. But thats only from one visit.

Does anyone have any experiences of Braeside, or have they visited and chosen anopther school? Please PM me if you would prefer not to leave a reply on the thread.

We are also looking at Ashgrove and St Christophers The Hall next week. I have decided against Bickley Park as I found it a little too serious and earnest when we visited. Any other schools in the Bromley/Chiclehurst area that are recommended?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now