PTA fundraising ideas

(102 Posts)
grumpyfrumpy Mon 19-Sep-05 12:37:58

We're looking for something different and have seen the yellow moon website, has anyone got any experience of using them and how much did you actually raise? Any other suggestions for something to do between 'events' are it were, to keep the funds ticking over. Already do book magazines etc.

Jemima15 Wed 02-Jul-14 13:29:56

EduVoice is a fundraising scheme for schools, charities and community groups. It is a consumer research panel where it's panelists are awarded incentives for taking part in online research for some of the UKs biggest brands, most influential charities and government departments.

Organisations register to EduVoice and are created their own EduVoice Moderator account. They can then recruit individuals to the scheme. These individuals create their own individual EduVoice accounts which are automatically linked to the organisation where they choose what percentage of the incentives they earn are allocated to the organisation. If a donor elects to keep a percentage of the incentives they earn, these are collected in their individual EduVoice account and are redeemable when they reach £15 as either Amazon eVouchers or BACS bank transfers.

EduVoice involves no monetary investment from either the organisations that choose to fundraise with the scheme, or those who sign up to donate. In fact EduVoice may be the only fundraising scheme where donors earn money themselves too. Surveys are quick and easy to do and panelists are not bombarded with emails every day. They can also take part in monthly prize draws and contribute to the EduVoice community.

For more information please visit www.eduvoice.co.uk or get in touch at contact@eduvoice.co.uk

Lizzy75 Wed 10-Apr-13 11:56:42

At my Primary School we recently did a fundraising chocolate bar activity for Easter. Each child designed the front of their bar, and then the parents ordered however many they wanted. We're only a small school (60 pupils), but raised nearly £100. The company we used was www.NotFlowersAgain.co.uk

Mummajic Fri 16-Nov-12 20:53:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

ShowMeTheCocoa Sat 10-Nov-12 23:40:51

Hi, I am a mum with a small chocolate-wrapping business and I sell a pack of mini Christmas chocolate bars you can get for 40p each and sell at 50p. Please contact me if you would like more details.

Sokmonsta Mon 08-Oct-12 13:31:29

Yellow moon is good until you get penny- pinching mum's like me who realise baker Ross, the parents company sells exactly the same stuff but minus the fundraiser mark up.
Don't know if anyone's already mentioned them but Attach a tag link sales to fundraising if you use them, as do organised mum.

Luckye Mon 08-Oct-12 11:06:52

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has had experience of yourfundraisinggiftshop.com. Considering placing an order for secondary school kids.

spababe Sat 22-Sep-12 14:28:20

I've been on the PTA forever and chair for the last 2 years. If you feel strongly that 'someone ought to ...' the join the PTA and help. We try to keep all events affordable and to use the money raised to subsidise the cost of school trips so that they still go ahead.

Things that work:
summer fete & xmas fayre
cake sales (1 per class over the year)
bag2school clothes recycling (asking for textiles not cash)
supportyourschool inkjet and mobile phone recycling
Happy Circus - brilliant event but must be sure you have a big enough school to sell all the tickets. They gave a great show and we also sold sweets and drinks to make profit on those.
Team Active Fun - brought an athlete to the school and ran sponsored activities. Loved the photo they all got.
Promise Auction
Beetle Drive
Easter Egg Hunt - use coloured sticks in the field each child collects 3 sticks and these translate into 3 eggs (sizes depended on colour of stick)
100 club
matchbox challenge - how many items in a matchbox. We got them from Baker Ross and charged £1 to enter.

TeamMDT1 Wed 12-Sep-12 11:12:19

MyDidThat
We put on school art exhibitions anywhere in the country. Everything for the school is completely free. We put the exhibition up and take it down.

We take the kid's work and print it in our own professional, attractive style (have a look at our gallery here www.mydidthat.com/gallery ) we frame it in clip frames and exhibit in your school hall. We also provide invitations for the school to give to each parent. We give the school £2 per picture sold, our rrp to parents is £10.

We have had many success stories and write ups in local papers
( http://www.mydidthat.com/schools/ ) , many schools have raised over £300.

Feel free to contact us on 07785620827 or info@mydidthat.com for more details.
Regards
Rich
Team MDT

farmerjon Tue 31-Jul-12 16:30:28

Farmers’ Choice
Fundraising for Schools from Abel & Cole

Set up in 2002, Farmers’ Choice, our not-for-profit scheme, has raised over £800,000 for schools in London and around the UK through the sales of our famous organic fruit and vegetable bags. Healthy food and money for schools,

There is no outlay needed from the school, just some volunteers to hand out the bags once a week. We’ll send you free sample bags and produce to show off on Launch Day and to sign up mums and dads for a weekly order. Then we deliver the bags to your school site once a week, free of charge. Starting at an affordable £5.00, 25% of the bags’ cost goes directly to the school
The scheme can be run by teachers, PFA’s, enthusiastic mums and dads, or by the pupils themselves – and we’re on hand every day to support your fundraising efforts. We can even come and help with your launches on occasion, so feel free to ask.

If you’d like to know more about the scheme you can look at our website www.abelandcole.co.uk/farmers-choice and download our full colour Farmer’s Choice Champions Handbook.
Alternatively, get in touch on 08452 62 62 62 (ask for Farmer's Choice!) and I can pop one of our starter packs in the post for you containing the FC handbook, posters, and all the forms and fliers you might need.

So join us on our fundraising mission to hit the total of a million pounds raised

Jon

CornishKK Wed 11-Jul-12 19:04:04

I went to a brilliant PTA thing a few months ago, I'm not even a parent of a child at the school involved. Local beauticians, reflexologists, hairdressers all offering introductory deals, mini manicures, taster treatments plus stalls (cupcakes, crafts etc), plus a bar and take away curry!

I only spent £30 and had a foot massage, eyebrows threaded, manicure, glass of wine & curry for two.

It took a bit of organising I would of thought but very popular.

LittenTree Wed 11-Jul-12 18:37:50

Admit I haven't read any of this thread so apologies if this has been done to death: but an idea we do that works is a 'treasure hunt', usually at Easter. The DCs buy an admission/application form for £1. Last year it had photos of notable locations that the DC had to ring on a map ( swings in one of three possible parks, park gates, the pub sign etc)- closest to all of them won: this year 15 people put school-printed 'Jubilee Crowns' in an accessible house window, the map gave you a rough idea of which road or close to look in, and the DC had to add up the house numbers of the 'chosen' houses, closest winning.

The prize was half the takings.

We made £200 odd each time.

peoplefundit Wed 11-Jul-12 13:52:54

Hi,

A school in Chester used us to raise money through a "crowdfunding" website - www.peoplefund.it

They raised £5,000 and built a solar powered outdoor classroom!

www.peoplefund.it/the-hive-upton/

It's really easy to set up and schools/PTAs can reach everyone online - even passing millionaires!!

Message me if you want any help with it.

Simon

LondonSophie Thu 12-Apr-12 09:10:11

Hi all,

School fairs (Christmas and Summer) and raffles are always a good way to raise money. I know that Foxtons and Microscooters have helped raise money for local schools in South London. Savvy Mummys have approached some local schools recently (Savvy Mummys > Daily Deals for Savvy Mums) as they are trying to help PTA's as they would like to help give back to the local community. It would be worth contacting the above for help

xxxx

bacon Wed 14-Mar-12 09:52:44

So? Its been continually added to.

GossipMonger Mon 12-Mar-12 16:54:08

Haha! This thread is 5 years old!

bacon Mon 12-Mar-12 16:53:09

I'm looking at bulbs and seeds. Not just for parents to buy from the catalogue but 'bring your seeds & bulbs to school' day so that they could make a garden. Anyone done similar? See sutton seeds to fundraising but cant find bulbs.
I see last year there was 'Plant a Bulb' day but see nothing for autumn this year. Doesnt look like they are doing it.

scooby1966 Fri 03-Feb-12 18:50:39

Our school ran a family portrait day before xmas. We had a great response and the outlay was nothing. We made about £450. The company was in Liverpool but I know they go all over the North West area. They are called Posh Prints. www.posh-prints.co.uk (I think )

Kay14 Wed 19-Oct-11 21:22:32

We have just signed up for a Secret Santa Shop. We have ran them in the past and bought loads of little gifts then asked parents to wrap them. We have then set up a shop in the school hall and had one of each item unwrapped on display - the children choose what to buy and they take a wrapped version home for mum/dad/sibling etc. We usually buy gifts around the £2 mark and charge £3 each.
Generally we make £150-£200 but the main reason we run the shops (we do them at mothers day and fathers day too) is that the children really love them.
The only problems we have is volunteers to search for value for money gifts and to wrap hundreds of little gifts. This year we are using a company that provide the ready made shop for you, all gifts wrapped etc - they charge £2 per gift and the gifts look lovely, any we don't sell we can send back for a refund. Their website is www.yourfundraisinggiftshop.com .

S100 Fri 23-Sep-11 13:47:40

has anyone tried asking parents to regually contribute to the PTA? Say £1 per month 300 children approx £3k per year?

Cbrowne82 Fri 16-Sep-11 10:53:14

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Rothmamaboom Tue 13-Sep-11 13:41:09

I thought I would just shout about this great little Idea I came up with for all you fellow victims of the PTA looking for new fundraising ideas! I know there was quite a few posts on this subject a while ago but thought I should let you know about how we raised money towards the repairs of my sons school minibus.

It basically just involves getting all the children in your school to collect as much foreign currency from home as they can possibly find, as lets face it most houses have a stash of unwanted coins that just end up in the change jar. Also encourage them to ask family and neighbours to chip in. We did a collection in our school and managed to accumulate 11 buckets between 900 pupils and we awarded a small prize to the biggest collector from each year group for a bit of an incentive.

There are companies online that you can contact to exchange the money for sterling, I particularly found www.cash4coins.co.uk a really big help, they gave me lots of ideas to make collecting easy and once the collection was complete they sent a courier to pick it up free of charge, they then emailed me a quote and once I accepted, Cash 4 coins transferred the money straight away into the school bank account.

Give it a go, we had a great success following our collection and the children really enjoyed it and it's free.

leah123 Mon 08-Aug-11 18:08:55

"Where d'ya pick up the machine from?"

Apologies for the delayed response, haven't been on here much since the kids are off school...
We got our popcorn machine from www.pcs-chromex.com/popcornmachineuk
- very established and helpful company.

laladee Wed 27-Jul-11 01:58:02

Quote: leah123
We recently 'invested' in a popcorn machine and found it to be a great fundraising tool. It has proven to raise substantial amounts of money in a fun way! You make your money back for the machine after just a couple events and from then on is pure profit.

Where d'ya pick up the machine from?

NappyShedSal Mon 18-Jul-11 06:57:43

We have just done "Phil the bag" - soooo easy! They send the bags and a letter for you to add your deatails to and then send out with the bags. You can fill the bags with any textiles - clothes, curtains, towels, belts, hats, shoes etc. One week later they come with their van and collect all the filled bags - we made £160 for no work. We've got another collection booked for November. If you decide to do it mention Brightwell-cum-Sotwell Primary School, Oxon and we'll get £10 commission.

leah123 Mon 18-Jul-11 03:53:19

We recently 'invested' in a popcorn machine and found it to be a great fundraising tool. It has proven to raise substantial amounts of money in a fun way! You make your money back for the machine after just a couple events and from then on is pure profit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now