Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Has anyone used Hermes couriers? Are they Ok or dodgy?

(72 Posts)
Frrrightattendant Fri 30-Oct-09 08:14:36

I had to send something back tracked, so decided to use these people as they were cheap.
In hindsight I ought to have used parcelforce but anyway...

parcel picked up on Weds. Courier is our usual home shopping guy, so far so good.

The delivery is meant to take 3-5 days. I've checked the tracking, nothing on Weds, Thurs it says 'collected at 13.08 weds'

There is nothing else yet. I rang the company. I get Janice who has only been there a week but tries to log into the screen which shows them 'more detail'. It says 'collected' too. hmm

I ask Janice whether there is anyone else I can speak to as I am not feeling reassured. (I have seen some awful reviews on the net by now)

She looks around,
'Can't see anyone, no...'

I tell Janice I will call back later. She is very nice. My parcel is probably in Outer Mongolia by now.

Help.

19lottie82 Fri 06-Feb-15 14:42:58

I am an ebay seller and used them to send 200 parcels. they lost 12 of them.

vinegarandbrownpaper Thu 05-Feb-15 20:48:33

Oh god. Instead of repeating the delivery as they were instructed, they sent the parcel to EE.. who sent it originally.. fucking hell. Who do they employ just thick twat lyers...??
So EEs solution is to... order another one and have the same duffers deliver it.. so guess what's going to happen... they refused to post it, me to pick it up, or me to pay for another firm to deliver, or for hermes to deliver to other firm to deliver to me, or deliver to the local EE shop. Jaw droppingly useless and so frustrating #shithowdocompanieslikethisstillexist

vinegarandbrownpaper Wed 04-Feb-15 09:09:11

Guess what. My parcel still hasn't arrived. Hermes/netlink = unrecommended

ShouldiWork Tue 03-Feb-15 13:58:40

Royal Mail, however, are a shower round our way. Shove card through door without ringing (in fact - I see them park & get out their van with the card pre filled - without even going through the motions of carrying the parcel up the drive). Also don't redeliver unless you proactively 'book' the redelivery.

ShouldiWork Tue 03-Feb-15 13:55:04

Our guy looks a state (ancient car, bleary eyed ) - but always gets the goods to us.

nauticant Tue 03-Feb-15 13:47:32

Two parcels I sent by Hermes last year were marked as "delivered" and the buyers got in touch to say they hadn't been. I chased up with Hermes and in one case Hermes said it had been delivered to the wrong address and they'd recovered it from there and then correctly delivered it (the buyer confirmed correct delivery) and in the other case Hermes were magically able to conjure up the delivered parcel and hand it over to the buyer.

Since the New Year I'd say 40% of my parcels are being left in porches. It must take the couriers a fair bit of time to build porches on hitherto unporched buildings.

Hermes are cheap enough that I'll use them. But they are crap and they do lie when they mess up.

vinegarandbrownpaper Tue 03-Feb-15 11:30:43

I can't help but imagine Hermes couriers with winged helmets. I wish I were CEO... Things would be different then...silver suits, ex military, gps live maps and sackings for lying! smile

vinegarandbrownpaper Tue 03-Feb-15 11:11:01

I am the only residential property in my street barring the rooms above the pub. Hermes are claiming that the guys in the house (no 'guys') said I didnt live there... <deep breath> 'BULLSHIT!!'

merrymouse Tue 03-Feb-15 10:31:01

I have watched a Hermes courier throw a delivery over my fence and leave without ringing the doorbell. Good thing the dog wasn't in the garden as he would have assumed somebody had thrown him a toy.

vinegarandbrownpaper Tue 03-Feb-15 10:26:40

Wish they'd used royal mail

vinegarandbrownpaper Tue 03-Feb-15 10:26:18

Shame as EE end has been completely spoilt by the delivery driver/company.

vinegarandbrownpaper Tue 03-Feb-15 10:25:31

Nothing wrong with the address. They have used this as an excuse twice but all checked. The courier hasn’t been near. Its just an excuse to bat away delayed delivery sadly.

stealthsquiggle Tue 03-Feb-15 09:13:58

Alabaster girl I have had 2 parcels (coming to me) disappear without trace in the last month. The retailers have re-shipped via Royal Mail in each case. Nothing wrong with the address.

alabastergirl Tue 03-Feb-15 09:11:14

Have you spoken to Hermes about it?

I would presume the address is incorrect - for them to hold 2 parcels and not deliver something has gone seriously wrong somewhere?

vinegarandbrownpaper Mon 02-Feb-15 22:49:11

they have sent another one. That was due on the 21st

stealthsquiggle Mon 02-Feb-15 20:37:48

Well, yes, they are bloody useless. Sometimes. But generally it depends on the 'last mile' - and it sounds from the OP as though your collection agent is OK (if you recognise them, they deliver stuff normally, etc) so I wouldn't give up hope just yet IIWY.

Our Hermes person, for example, is flipping useless. I have reached the point where I will query what delivery company a vendor is going to use before I order and not order if they use Hermes. All the other couriers are great and know us by name and leave parcels in eminently sensible places if we are not in.

alabastergirl Mon 02-Feb-15 20:16:28

I would ask EE to chase it up and send you another one then.

vinegarandbrownpaper Mon 02-Feb-15 18:05:13

Tracking says out since 17th

alabastergirl Mon 02-Feb-15 10:53:33

And what does the tracking show? Has it been out for delivery for all of that time? What do Hermes say?

vinegarandbrownpaper Mon 02-Feb-15 09:13:54

found out it IS hermes who have taken now 16 days to deliver my EE brightbox that should have been here on the 17th sad

gemmalou123 Sat 31-Jan-15 17:10:47

They're crap. Sorry. Along with TNT. Poop.

vinegarandbrownpaper Sat 31-Jan-15 17:09:22

Well if hermes are anything to do with the 15 days I have waited for my next day EE brightbox, then they are crap.

alabastergirl Sat 31-Jan-15 17:06:02

what does the tracking info say? It will tell you if it is out for delivery.

moddjo Sat 31-Jan-15 14:40:11

Well, it`s cheap for sender, but frustrating for reveiver - long to wait, not home on delivery- no leaflet. sad never happened like that with any other courier

chemenger Mon 22-Dec-14 16:09:37

Now it turns out that DH has a parcel missing too. Guess the courier? Luckily Topshop sent out a replacement for me with yodel - delivered in less than 24 hours, so it isn't as if our house is impossible to find.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now