This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Selling old shoes to perverts on Ebay?

(106 Posts)
malfoy Tue 12-May-09 21:26:31
honeybunchmodel Thu 28-Nov-13 07:22:22

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

dedistribution Tue 31-Dec-13 19:44:59

I just saw this thread, albeit late and live across the pond from most of you. My friends and I have been selling our very well worn shoes for about 8 years on Ebay. We work part time at the local Junior League thrift store which requires we donate our used clothing and household goods AND solicit more. I happened upon some worn shoes while shopping on Ebay and checked the completed listings. Sure enough some brought good money. I experimented with some of mine, did super detailed write ups (marketing), took high resolution pictures both on and off and gave it a go. Every pair sold. It is kind of a turn on to know my old shoes are exciting someone else. I next told my four friends and they did the same off my account, which is separate from my main account. Well worn soles, stained insoles with very visible toe prints, darkened heel cups along sexy shoes sell best. Aromatic slippers do well also but the wording has to be tame or your auction gets pulled. Full figure shots are getting moved to the adult section so just the feet and shoes AND the pictures should have something to the selling of the item. Also proves you are female. Lots of guys are buying shoes from the thrift shops and listing them. I will entertain all polite questions but probably once a week at best. Cheers.

pickle9517 Thu 19-Jun-14 08:53:54

I've only just come across this thread, and this 'strange-smelly-old-shoe-selling-craze' and I think it's great!I never even knew about this whole underground shoe fetish! It doesn't do anything for me personally but each to their own I guess and if you can make a few pennies here and there, why not! Would love to know if anyone has had any sucess selling their old shoes though! xx

pickle9517 Thu 19-Jun-14 08:59:08

I've only just come across this thread, and this 'strange-smelly-old-shoe-selling-craze' and I think it's great!I never even knew about this whole underground shoe fetish! It doesn't do anything for me personally but each to their own I guess and if you can make a few pennies here and there, why not! Would love to know if anyone has had any sucess selling their old shoes though! xx

2014meh Wed 02-Jul-14 15:15:09

Well, I'm mightily fed up that I've managed to sell a good quantity of my clothes (no longer fit de to successful dieting, Yay !) and outgrown kids stuff but can I shift lightly used men's clothes "outgrown" by dh, can I feck !

If men (some, obviously, not all) will pay for my old shoes I'll take their money any day of the week. to compensate for the mountain of DH's stuff that I can't shift via ebay.

Why are men so disinclined to buy and wear second hand clothes ?

Brokedownshoes2u Thu 18-Dec-14 09:07:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now