This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer received item 15 days ago, used it now wants to return

(6 Posts)
FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Tue 29-Nov-16 17:05:25

I sold a second hand huddle, for a low offer to get shot and dispatched.

Buyer hasn't left feedback.

15 days have passed since they received it and today they've messaged saying they've been using it fine for over a week but it's got a mark on the screen and I've sold them faulty goods.

I've changed my account to a business account last week, a week after their purchase, and want to protect my status but they admit they've had it 15 days and have been using it - why would they do that and then try to cause a hassle?

19lottie82 Tue 29-Nov-16 18:29:24

Ah if it's a business account you have to accept the return I'm afraid. eBay aside, that's the law re selling online, even if the items been used.

All you can do is accept it and block the buyer.

EvenTheWind Tue 29-Nov-16 18:31:14

19, but it wasn't sold by a business account in the first instance, doesn't that change it?

19lottie82 Tue 29-Nov-16 18:39:40

Ah ok I get you. I'm not too sure then, but as per usual eBay if the buyer is saying it's faulty, I wouldn't bother fighting it sad

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Tue 29-Nov-16 18:58:06

The buyer admits they've been using it for over a week. I just can't understand why you'd buy something electronic, use it for a while, then decide to complain that it arrived with a fault.

As a private seller I would have refunded if they'd messaged within a week of receipt - I get that these things happen, its just the elapsed time and use thats annoying me.

19lottie82 Wed 30-Nov-16 10:19:15

It's understandable that it's annoying but again, there's not really much you can do.

Have you asked for photos?

The buyer might be angling for a partial refund. You can offer this or stick to your guns and say refund on return only.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now