This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

so Done with Ebay!

(8 Posts)
Dizzybintess Fri 11-Nov-16 13:02:06

I sold a bundle of Next clothing along with a pair of boots. I clearly said they were worn but were in totally wearable condition and had barely any marks on them. The upper was almost pristine. The bundle was lovely it was all next and all matched so made several lovely outfits.

It was all photographed. I sold over £180 of items for £29 and had a ranty email this morning to state that the boots were clearly worn and smelt like they had been worn (my DD generally does not have smelly feet as she is only 5 and they were always worn with tights.) the boots had the same sole as those clarks wallabys so they are liable to wear. but this lady is claiming they are unwearable because there is marking on the sole

I have just accepted the return and want to be done with it. some people think they are getting something for bloody nothing all the time!!! if you want new buy new!! or go to a bloody shop!
rant over!!

Pickled0nions Fri 11-Nov-16 13:05:56

Try Schpock instead smile I don't like eBay much, there fees are ridiculous and not worth selling the item half the time! Some people are very picky, though if she was going to moan about marks maybe she should have bought new.

Live and learn.

Dizzybintess Fri 11-Nov-16 13:27:13

They definitely always side with the buyer
she was so rude in her message asking me Did I mean to post these and that I have committed fraud by sending them.
They were clearly stated as used. why would you expect that value of items to be new for £29 there was a fur gilet, a denim dress, tops, leggings, and a lush arran jumper.

I have bought shoes in the past and they are battered when they arrive but for £2 for a pair of clarks you expect them to actually be worn!

Pickled0nions Fri 11-Nov-16 13:50:30

eBay and PayPal have a nasty habit of always siding with the buyer. I think in some cases, depending on the circumstance the seller is sided with, but that's uncommon!

Is she trying to say she expected them to be new? Because it might be worth escalating the claim through PayPal first and have them decide who is right. I only say that because she sounds like she hasn't read your description properly.

19lottie82 Fri 11-Nov-16 16:32:43

Hi OP did you include photos of the soles and all marks, rather than just detailing "barely any marks"? If not it's important that you do, as someone's definition of this may be different from someone else's.

Try and stay polite, message the seller and say you did mention they were worn, but in good condition, i.e. They are now.
Although you feel they have not been misdescribed, you are happy to refund upon return.

There's no point aggravating buyers like this and risking negative feedback.

Dizzybintess Fri 11-Nov-16 17:32:22

I sadly didn't place a picture of the soles. I wish I had now. There was plenty of wear in them. I have simply accepted the return request and paid for a return label and sent her the official return template. I knew from the start that this one was a frigging nightmare as she won the item at 10pm at night and by 11 am the next morning I had a really sharp email saying "has this been sent yet?"

robin64 Sun 13-Nov-16 10:45:55

Block this buyer. Is she sending whole lot back or just boots? and if just the boots how are you working out the refund?

previously1474907171 Mon 28-Nov-16 20:27:25

If she is indeed returning everything, which she should do, be careful you get it all back. sometimes these people take out what they want and return the rest.

That is why I never sell a large bundle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now