This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

PayPal

(5 Posts)
Janek Wed 09-Nov-16 11:31:58

I ordered some jewellery from AliExpress last Christmas which did not turn up in the allotted time, and so I got a refund. However, the seller asked that I PayPal them the money back, if the goods subsequently arrived.

The goods did subsequently arrive, so I (thought I) sent them the money (and their email address brought up a 'name', as though PayPal recognised the account, iyswim).

However, last night I logged onto my PayPal account and noticed that this payment is still 'pending'. Why would this be? What can I do about it? It does not seem that I can cancel the transaction, but also it seems that the seller has not received the money either blush.

tia

HeavenlyEyes Wed 09-Nov-16 20:17:04

wrong email address or unclaimed. I would just cancel it and wait for them to contact you about it. I doubt after this length of time they are bothered.

Janek Sun 13-Nov-16 19:27:00

I can't see how to cancel it though. But i messaged them just before i 'sent' it, to say what i was dojng and i have just noticed that three days later they messaged me to tell me to send the money. Why on earth is it still pending, nearly a year later?

HeavenlyEyes Sun 13-Nov-16 19:34:21

can't you log into paypal and cancel it - if unclaimed it should have been sent back.

Janek Sun 13-Nov-16 21:42:50

I have logged on, that's how i know it's pending. Everything else i've ever done has gone. I can't see how to cancel, and i don't remember if it ever went out of my bank account now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now