This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Dog bed unsuitable

(15 Posts)
PassiveAgressiveQueen Tue 08-Nov-16 19:36:41

I bought a dog bed on ebay, when it arrived i realised it was made differently to all other dog beds, it was one big item, didn't think much of it.
The dog sat on it almost instantly and got it dirty. Now i realise it won't go in my 9kg (so not small) washing machine (instructions said it was washable).

Can i do anything?

19lottie82 Tue 08-Nov-16 23:19:34

No. there's nothing wrong with it, but it's been used and is dirty, of course you can't do anything!

Just because it's won't fit in your washing machine doesn't mean it's not washable.

On the flip side, if it was in the same condition as when you recieved it, and you bought it from a business seller then yes you could return it. If it was a private seller however, they would be under no obligation to accept a non fault return.

PassiveAgressiveQueen Wed 09-Nov-16 20:51:42

it is a business seller, I was hoping "not fit for purpose", as what use is a dog bed you can't wash in winter?

IAmAPaleontologist Wed 09-Nov-16 20:53:36

But you can, just not in your washer. Being washable just means the fabric is washable. A king size duvet it washable but won't fit in your washing machine, that doesn't make it not fit for purpose.

19lottie82 Wed 09-Nov-16 21:49:12

^^ this.

You're being ridiculous.

19lottie82 Wed 09-Nov-16 21:49:45

If you want to wash it take it to a laundrette.

PassiveAgressiveQueen Thu 10-Nov-16 07:31:27

I deny i am being ridiculous, overly optimistic maybe, hopeful.

Ok honest question what would you now do with a £30 dog bed that is going to cost you £5 every week to wash?

glammanana Thu 10-Nov-16 09:08:05

Buy an un-zippable cover for it and wash the cover every week problem solved,either that or stop your dog from going to undesirable places like I do.

19lottie82 Thu 10-Nov-16 10:55:39

Not for a the poor seller to accept a return when they'res nothing wrong with it and he won't be able to re sellit because you let your muddy dog get in it before deciding it wasn't suitable for your needs.

19lottie82 Thu 10-Nov-16 10:56:13

force not "for a" hmm

timeforachangeithink Thu 10-Nov-16 10:58:01

Can't you just wash in the bath?

"Ok honest question what would you now do with a £30 dog bed that is going to cost you £5 every week to wash?"

Cover it up with a cheap duvet and duvet cover that you can wash easily, Passive.

PassiveAgressiveQueen Thu 10-Nov-16 19:05:39

We think she is incontinent as well as arthritic.

GameofPhones Thu 10-Nov-16 19:16:52

Wash it in a plastic tub.

One of ours has occasional incontinence too, and having a cheap washable duvet really works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now