This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Help! How do I find out if I have buyer restrictions?

(9 Posts)
alltoomuchrightnow Thu 03-Nov-16 23:32:01

A man from Malaysia is trying to bid on my items (I'm UK) and cannot so keeps messaging me.
Perhaps I had changed the settings years ago but I don't remember.
I have other international bids. I wonder if it was accidentally set so no one in Asia could bid.
How do I find this out?
I've gone through 'my eBay' and can't find it

FATEdestiny Thu 03-Nov-16 23:34:46

From memory I think it's on site preferences. Buyer requirements.

Does the buyer have low feedback? Is the listing set to give worldwide postage?

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 03-Nov-16 23:40:08

sorry to be a pain..where do I find site preferences? Just cannot seem to see it.
Wonder if it will let me change preferences when all my listings end in less than a day

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 03-Nov-16 23:46:05

hmmm I'm wondering if I should NOT change it after all (if there are restrictions)
I"ve a feeling that years ago, I did stop anyone from Asia bidding as stuff kept getting 'lost'
Weird thing is that this guy keeps messaging me asking why he can't bid from Malaysia and can I change the settings.
But I just looked at his profile and it says he's in Australia
If he was in Aus, then he'd be able to bid..as I do sell to Aus all the time.

FATEdestiny Thu 03-Nov-16 23:57:47

Sounds dodgy. I'd be decisive with him.

"I am sorry you are unable to meet my buyer requirements. I hope you manage to buy elsewhere"

You cant block regions on your account. This isn't a buyer requirement. You select places you are willing to post to on the listing, so it can changchange from one listing to another.

Then in your buyer requirements you can select to block buyers from places you don't post to. But if this guy's eBay account is registered to Australia, then that's not it anyway.

You can also block buyers with too many unpaid items or policy violations. It might be this bl9ck being triggered.

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 04-Nov-16 00:13:07

I do remember many years ago ticking against countries I would post to.
But as I now accept eBay's global shipping customers, I thought that anyone could bid.
He has only 19 feedbacks, which seem ok.
But if he's in Aus he should be able to go ahead.. if he's now based in Malaysia then it's him that should change his settings and not me , as I said, I post to Aus regularly .
For a start I wouldn't want him to bid (if he could) and then give me an alternative address… as I wouldn't be protected

ImaLannister Tue 15-Nov-16 03:28:43

Hi. Let me tell you step by step what you have to do to solve this problem OP:
1 - log onto eBay on the actual website NOT app www.ebay.co.uk
2 - Press the account tab - then click on 'site preferences tab'
3 - Scroll down & find 'postage & packaging preferences'
4 - In that bit select NO for global shipping programme then also in that section go to exclude postage locations in your listings select EDIT - then tick all the international locations that you don't want to post to (this will be all of them if you wonky want to post to UK)
5 - Scroll down after doing this and find 'buyer requirements' block buyers who: then select EDIT - then TICK 'buyers who live In a primary location that I don't post to'
THEN at tick 'apply to current live listings'

Then you're done!
This will stop that from happening. Foreign ppl won't be able to bid on your items.
I tried to put the steps you need to take in the simplest form. I don't think you're stupid! You just needed to be told exact steps! 

Hope this helps.

ImaLannister Tue 15-Nov-16 03:31:51

I just pasted that from another post that I was helping out on. Seems as tho u do post to Aus etc, all you need to do is look at the tabs that I've mentioned on the eBay website in your account bit and that will tell you exactly where ur selling to and what ur preferences are.

HeavenlyEyes Tue 15-Nov-16 08:17:50

I would block him tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now