This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Someone has bought my item as Buy it now when I never offer it, help please

(7 Posts)
Bananalanacake Sun 30-Oct-16 12:29:41

I listed several items all starting at 99p as I always do. When I finish I go to Items I'm selling and find one has been bought and paid for with Buy it now! I am annoyed as this item is worth over 20 pounds. I have no idea how I did it, there's a tick option to offer BIN but I am sure I never ticked it, have i made a mistake somewhere. I have messaged the buyer to say 'sorry, mistake, I never offer BIN' and I am offering to refund them, does anyone know if I will be forced to sell it now they have paid or do I reserve the right to offer a refund. Thanks in advance.

lljkk Sun 30-Oct-16 13:10:12

No one Can force you to sell. Grovel & you may avoid neg f/bk & seller strike(s), but may not be able to avoid 10% Ebay fees.

19lottie82 Sun 30-Oct-16 17:44:34

Yes, no one can force you to sell but you risk negative feedback if you don't.

Bananalanacake Sun 30-Oct-16 17:50:29

Thanks for your help both of you, I am still waiting for the buyer to reply to me, will update if they ever get back.

wobblywindows Sun 30-Oct-16 20:04:25

I've bought items for a lot less than the seller wanted and they never bothered to post them. Just said they did, (although they couldn't prove they had). Seller waited a week and when I mentioned I hadn't received they sent an immediate refund.

Bananalanacake Tue 01-Nov-16 19:46:24

Thanks Wobbly, that's very helpful. They didn't reply to my message so I gave them a refund, I'll have to suck up the charges and any neg feedback - it's not exactly frauding as I've paid them back.

Really thinking of selling 'well worn' shoes which I've learnt about on MN but my mum has me as a seller she's watching so she sees everything I sell and all my shoes were once hers as I hate shoe shopping, she'll see me selling them and think WTF grin

RockyBird Wed 02-Nov-16 13:21:50

If you do sell well worn shoes follow the guidelines to the letter ... google will help you there.

I had some shoes removed that I'm not allowed to relist because I made a mistake in my listing grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now