This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Received an item not described - process help

(4 Posts)
badaboom Sun 16-Oct-16 16:20:10

It's been years since I had a problematic purchase. A recent buy I received arrived damaged. What's the timeline should I raise the issue and escalate?

Should I message the seller first and wait for their reply to see if they want to do a partial refund? Item is about £27 and postage is £10. How much of a partial refund should I accept? Or do I get straight to the resolution centre filling in item not described? Should I do the dispute via ebay or paypal? I know the last time you had the option to do via ebay or paypal and that one of them is the better process.

I read something about return the item within 14 days etc. Is it true that the seller now have to REFUND original postage and the return postage? I mean if we can't decide on the partial refund amount due to the closing mechanism and the dent on the side, do I need to get a return label from them or I pay first and get reimbursed from them/paypal etc.?

Thanks.

FlabulousChic Sun 16-Oct-16 18:34:31

You contact the seller all business sellers have to offer returns. Go via the eBay resolution centre. Id they accept a return eBay give you a ore paid postage label.

FlabulousChic Sun 16-Oct-16 18:35:24

You will receive a full refund of all you have paid the seller cannot take off postage irrespective of what they tell you or the listing says that's just bullshit

19lottie82 Sun 16-Oct-16 19:38:59

If you can't decide on a partial refund, then the seller must provide a returns label. Once an attempt at delivery has been made, they must refund the full purchase price in full inc postage.

Only use a pre paid label to return, as eBay cannot force the seller t refund return postage retrospectively.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now