This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Advice please re buy it now

(10 Posts)
foggerty Mon 10-Oct-16 19:55:46

I have an item for sale on auction to end next Sunday. I have had a couple of people contact me to ask if I would do a buy it now price. My question is, if I revise my listing to a buy it now, do I incur a fee? I have only contacted the first person that contacted me so far, and she is happy to pay the price I asked and said she will pay via PayPal if I take down the listing. Is this against eBay rules? If we do it this way, is it safe, I seem to recall that a buyer can reverse a transaction then claim not to have received the item, is this the case?

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 10-Oct-16 20:00:35

If you haven't had any bids then I think you can just revise the listing to include a buy it now feature and that's it. If you have had bids I don't know if you can do that.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Mon 10-Oct-16 20:02:57

Have you had bids? If not, revise the listing. If you have, your only option is to cancel the listing and make a new one with BIN for the new buyer.

500internalerror Mon 10-Oct-16 20:11:36

If at least a couple of people offered a BIN, I'd let the auction run - it'll probably go for more than you think!

foggerty Mon 10-Oct-16 20:20:36

No, no bids as yet, but have quite a few watchers. So is there no charge for adding a BIN? I don't think it will go for more than the price I said to her as that has been the highest price on sold similar items.

19lottie82 Mon 10-Oct-16 21:02:37

You can cancel an auction as long as there is more than 24 hours left (bids or no bids)

NotPennysBoat Mon 10-Oct-16 21:15:09

There is a charge for adding a buy it now. I added it to mine yesterday (£18) and it cost me 50p! Annoyingly, someone else then placed a bid before the other buyer had clicked buy it now! As soon as someone bids, the BIN option disappears! So I lost 50p damnit! However item sold three days later for £22 (I let the auction run its course).

MrsJamin Mon 10-Oct-16 21:17:00

People always ask for buy it now as they can't be bothered to wait. Just ask them to bid the price they'd be prepared to pay, as you'll likely end up with selling it for a decent price.

foggerty Mon 10-Oct-16 22:06:49

Thanks for your replies, I can't decide what to do! I've had this before but have always let it go to auction, undecided this time for some reason.

How annoying about your 50p Penny, that's the sort of thing that would happen to me, but at least you got a higher price in the end.

FlabulousChic Sun 16-Oct-16 18:48:04

It cost me nothing it depends on your seller status

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now