This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Open case

(3 Posts)
Bumbumtaloo Fri 07-Oct-16 07:46:27

I order and received two identical items, just different colours from the same seller. They arrived on the Friday by Sunday one of them stopped working I immediately sent a message to the seller asking for an exchange. A couple of hours later the second item stopped working, once again I sent another message, this time asking to return both and have them replaced. The seller refused, and offered a partial refund. I declined and said I still wanted the items so would return and could they refund so I could buy from another seller, once again they refused so I opened a case.

Once the case was opened they sent a message saying they would send an envelope for me to return the items and once received they would refund. I clarified with them that both could go in the same envelope they said yes. I never received the envelope and yesterday the seller refunded the money for one item stating I didn't have to return the item, I (wrongly) assumed the second refund would follow and binned the items. The binmen came today (stupidly early but that's by the by).

Here it would probably be worth saying I've had a nightmare with some orders in the past couple of months - phone charger didn't arrive, the seller stopped communicating so I got a refund. DD's school tights didn't arrive so asked for more to be sent. And a pair of jeans arrived and the button wasn't attached, it was in the bottom of the bag seller immediately refunded (I messaged them with pictures). So yes I have had a lot of issues but in the flip side I have used eBay massively over the past couple of months 50+.

eBay responded to my case this morning saying they were closing the case in my favour but I had to return the item to the seller, I'm assuming this is because of the amount of issues I've had recently. Obviously as I've stated above I binned the item, I no longer have it! I'm guessing that I now have to close the case and write of the money, it's not a fortune £16.75 but that's not the point.

(Sorry for the mammoth post, I didn't intend to write an essay shock)

19lottie82 Fri 07-Oct-16 13:31:33

Yes, if you can't return the item, you won't get your money back.

Bumbumtaloo Fri 07-Oct-16 14:10:26

Thanks, that's what I thought.

It's certainly a lesson learned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now