This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I know I'm late to the party but I've just discovered selling and it is MAGNIFICENT

(11 Posts)
Queenbean Sun 02-Oct-16 10:46:56

I thought it would be a massive faff but it's not, it's so easy! I currently have sold two dresses this weekend and have 19 people watching a top! I am so delighted and completely converted.

I know you've all been doing it for yonks but I had to share my delight smile))

robin64 Sun 02-Oct-16 12:09:09

Well done! Make sure you send the items signed for to cover yourself and double check all over the garment before posting (you may do this when listing but it is surprising how many times a little flaw can be spotted when packing and better to sort it than risk a return or less than perfect fb.

Good luck with your sales. 19 watchers is quite a lot for a top!

MaybeDoctor Sun 02-Oct-16 12:38:31

I sell lots of low value items and find it a really good way to declutter.

Definitely check items before sending - a message to the buyer can save a lot of trouble later.

I list a big batch of items at once and try to get into a rhythm of listing, packing and sending.

yeOldeTrout Sun 02-Oct-16 13:44:23

Glad it's been good... so far smile.
Try to be very very professional about it. That means not bothering to get upset if people are ever unreasonable. Anyone working in retail knows to expect some unreasonable.

Queenbean Sun 02-Oct-16 14:00:40

Thanks team, appreciate the tips

I've got some stuff from a sample sale which I've listed as being from that shop. Should I message the buyer in advance and say that there is not a proper store label inside? Will i get marked down if they receive it and it isn't?

MaybeDoctor Sun 02-Oct-16 16:18:20

Send them a message before despatch.

Queenbean Sun 02-Oct-16 16:24:47

I've done that, thanks Doctor

FeelingSmurfy Sun 02-Oct-16 20:10:02

Are you allowed to sell sample sale stuff? A friend had a sample sale at work and a few months later her colleague (not a friend, but someone she worked closely with and went out for lunch with etc)was in major trouble for being found selling sample sale stuff

pasturesgreen Mon 03-Oct-16 12:09:18

Sample sale stuff should definitely be marked as such.

I wouldn't be a happy buyer if I received an item with the label cut off or marked without it being clearly stated in the listing.

Queenbean Mon 03-Oct-16 12:12:24

I bought the thing from a sample sale for myself, i bought about 2 things from it and this one was too big so I sold it. The sample sale said not to buy things to sell on specifically but I actually sold this one at a loss so it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks pasture, I emailed the buyer and told her, she said it was fine smile Thanks for all the tips, am new to this so its all good to hear!

JinkxMonsoon Mon 03-Oct-16 12:13:17

I've made myself such a lot of spare cash from selling, it's great. I really need to get back into it, actually, because I lost my mojo and haven't listed anything in months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now