This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Trainers sold and non payer - she has decided she does not want them! What can I do?

(12 Posts)
Dizzybintess Sat 10-Sep-16 21:21:33

I sold a pair of trainers on eBay last week and packaged them up ready for the buyer. They were lovely clarks doodles that had only been worn twice and they went for a bargain price of £4.50 they are still in the stores full price. I have waited a week chasing payment and I could see from her feedback that she has been active and paying others. After a week of being polite and asking her to pay, today I recieved a very curt response stating "I no longer want the item"

I have never had this before. What are my rights with eBay

RaeSkywalker Sat 10-Sep-16 21:57:43

Open an unpaid item case. eBay can't force the buyer to pay you (as far as I'm aware), but they will then have a record of what the buyer has done, incase they do it to others. I think it also means that you won't get charged eBay fees.

It's been a while since this happened to me though!! I'd start by opening the unpaid item case.

Dizzybintess Sat 10-Sep-16 22:11:52

I have just done this. If she had emailed me earlier in the week I may be less pissed off but she has yanked my chain for 8 days!!!

RaeSkywalker Sat 10-Sep-16 22:21:04

Yeah, it's really irritating isn't it. I've had a few who just never replied or paid.

Dizzybintess Sat 10-Sep-16 23:15:42

It's so irritating! Did yours get resolved

Theimpossiblegirl Sat 10-Sep-16 23:18:02

You would probably get more if you relist. It's bloody annoying though.

qwom Sat 10-Sep-16 23:20:21

I chased someone for 3 weeks and no payment. EBay can't enforce payment. Best to relist I'm afraid

RaeSkywalker Sat 10-Sep-16 23:59:52

It was resolved in that ebay didn't charge fees. I re-listed the item after the case was closed.

smilingeyes11 Sun 11-Sep-16 21:05:12

which is why you open an unpaid case after 48 hours. Do not relist until the case is closed. And when you do relist end them in the evening, or do buy it now with best offer at a more realistic price.

RockyBird Thu 15-Sep-16 22:31:17

Happened to me today. I simply relisted. Buyer changed mind after winning item. It was such low ticket I let it slide.

smilingeyes11 Fri 16-Sep-16 01:45:31

you have to cancel the first auction at least or are you happy to pay the fees? What if the first buyer pays and then you have 2 buyers and only 1 item? File the unpaid case, close it and only then should you relist.

Dizzybintess Thu 29-Sep-16 23:20:46

It took ages to close it as a non payer case. The woman obviously kept eBay waiting for a response too..... Bihatch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now