This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Bloody ebay buyers!

(11 Posts)
bearofnothingness Thu 18-Aug-16 19:34:41

am getting so fed up with people buying my NEW stuff and then picking on the slighest thing wrong with it most notably lately tiny marks that could easily be picked or washed off. They are getting bargains yet seem to think if it doesn't fit they can pick the slightest thing to want to send back.

grr also are the boards now not working? the ebay boards were once brill

19lottie82 Thu 18-Aug-16 21:16:58

Hhhm if they are marks that can easily be picked or washed off...... Why didn't you do this before selling the items? TBH I wouldn't be happy if I bought something described as "new" and it had a mark on it?

It's important you describe and photo ALL imperfections, no matter how small, when selling on eBay, to avoid situations like this.....

Thingirlstuckinfatsuit Thu 18-Aug-16 21:39:29

Well it pisses me right off when I win a 'new' item and it turns up smelly and stained - the stained 'new' bikini bottoms have been the pinnacle of this crappy selling behavior few.

Thingirlstuckinfatsuit Thu 18-Aug-16 21:41:05

Erm not sure how that rogue 'few' got in. Just honestly list stuff then you probably won't have as many problems.

verystressedmum Fri 19-Aug-16 09:40:51

Well tbh if I bought something listed as new and arrived with marks on I'd assume it wasn't new and be quite annoyed, so either clean it up before you send so it looks new or list as new with defects or something

verystressedmum Fri 19-Aug-16 09:41:39

Well tbh if I bought something listed as new and arrived with marks on I'd assume it wasn't new and be quite annoyed, so either clean it up before you send so it looks new or list as new with defects or something

LuckySantangelo1 Fri 19-Aug-16 09:45:52

OP if you are selling something as new it should be immaculate! Any kind of defect or mark should be put in your listing hmm

bearofnothingness Fri 19-Aug-16 20:49:00

I never noticed any marks tgats what I'm saying they're brand new with tags i think people either add marks and use that as an excuse to send back if they don't like an item I' wouldn't dream if selling anything stained!

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Mon 22-Aug-16 06:30:51

Put loads of good detailed photos of your listing too, from all angles, helps in covering yourself.

MollHackabout Mon 22-Aug-16 21:29:42

Bit of a coincidence that so many buyers have complained about the same things though isn't it OP?

Perhaps you need to check your items more carefully when listing them to ensure there aren't any marks on them, and if there are sell them as new with defects with any flaws mentioned. Apart from anything else all these complaints can't be doing your feedback any favours.

It's really frustrating and timewasting when you buy a BNWT item and find it's marked or has signs of use when you receive it - if it was listed honestly in the first place I'd have been able to make an informed decision whether or not to purchase.

How do you respond to buyers' complaints OP?

OneTiredMummmyyy Thu 25-Aug-16 15:33:52

How can you "pick off" a mark? hmm The mind boggles. I have bought and sold many hundreds of things on ebay for 5 years plus and I can count on one hand the number of people who have complained about something I have sold (and still have fingers left over).

I have never had anyone stain an item I have sold in order to return it. So if you're getting things returned for marks and stains, you need to have a good look at what you are selling. I would definitely return a stained item if the stain wasn't listed, regardless of whether it could "just" be washed out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now