This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Very annoyed poss eBay dispute

(4 Posts)
OreosAreTasty Thu 04-Aug-16 15:51:05

I ordered a vaporiser kit, to give up smoking. Possibly 100x more annoyed because I've just found out I'm pregnant and if I keep the LO I don't want to be smoking. Ordered the vape before I found out but it's more urgent now if you know what I mean. But anyway. I ordered the vape last week. Estimated delivery day was Tuesday or Wednesday (yesterday or day before)) I contacted seller yesterday as the item hadn't been marked as dispatched (thought this was an oversight and he'd forgotten to unload tracking) to ask if it had been posted and could I have the tracking or postage no please.
Received a reply to say payment hadn't cleared.
Payment has cleared. Confirmed by both PayPal and eBay. The eBay account is brand new with 0
Feedback so I only assume that the recipient has it as pending, which is a security measure to make it easier for PayPal to refund those who are conned. It happens to almost everyone when they first sell on eBay/using PayPal these days. Happened to myself and Dh so I assume this is what's happened. Anyway. Seller is refusing to post. I'm £25.99 out of pocket, steadily more stressed with my vape not coming until at least monday/Tuesday now.
Can I get my money back? It seems eBay will only refund if item isn't as described or hasn't arrived after 7 days of the final day it was meant to.
Any help please? sad

smilingeyes11 Thu 04-Aug-16 17:11:03

yes open not received and neg - of course you will get your money back. I didn't think sellers were allowed to sell ecigs on eBay anyway?

19lottie82 Thu 04-Aug-16 18:19:54

Chances are the payment hasn't cleared at the sellers end, PayPal often hang onto money for up to 3 or 4 weeks as a security measure (especially for new sellers) BUT that isn't your problem, the seller should still dispatch straight away, this will have been detailed in the email they received confirming your payment. They certainly shouldn't be waiting until the payment is released at their end.

I'd send them another email informing them of this, and tell them if you don't have a tracking number within 24 hours, then you will have to open a not received dispute with ebay. If you don't get one then open one.

If you do open a dispute, then ebay will give the seller 7 days to resolve the issue before you can escalate for a refund, so best try to sort it out with the seller first, if it means you will get your item quicker.

If you're going to leave non positive FB, wait until you have your item or refund, then leave it. And keep it factual.

smiling you're correct, sellers aren't supposed to sell "e-cigs", as such, but they are allowed to sell vape kits, as long as they don't contain nicotine.

19lottie82 Thu 04-Aug-16 18:20:45

PS you can also advise the seller that their payment will be released a lot quicker, if they upload a valid tracking number which shows the item to be delivered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now