This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer called me a con artist in feedback

(15 Posts)
BumpPower Sun 24-Jul-16 17:06:58

I sold an world cup coin collection in a presentation board. Not v valuable more a nostalgia thing. Sale ended sunday night, I posted Tuesday 2nd class as advertised, seller sent me a 3 word email Saturday that said "STILL not arrived!!". I replied saying it was posted, let me know if it doesn't arrive monday etc. Next I get a message saying I'm a con artist as two coins in the collection were missing, negative feedback was left calling me a con artist and telling others "never to buy from" me confused and a return started. I emailed and asked if the packing was damaged and apologising saying the collection was complete when I posted it (it def was, the coins were well wedged in the cardboard I know because i tried to get one out to look at the back and couldn't.). He replied saying I was a liar and he had proof because he picked the package up from the post office hmm. I acceptedthe return and paid for the label, but have heard no more. I presume he will just send the collection back to me missing the two coins - perhaps he needs them for his own collection? I know I can't prove that and it doesn't really matter it was £20 but what more can I do? If I have ever had issues before (china chipped at arrival) I just refunded straight away and nice feedback was left.... Will my reputation be ruined and no one buy from me ever again?

MeMySonAndl Sun 24-Jul-16 17:11:50

Would it work to put in feedback your version of events, that you refunded the money despite being completely sure the coins were there and cannot understand his negative feedback considering he never returned the set?

Jayfee Sun 24-Jul-16 17:14:27

I assume you have checked buyers feedback to see what type of person he/she is.

OhMyWord16 Sun 24-Jul-16 17:19:34

What MeMySonAndl said

19lottie82 Sun 24-Jul-16 17:45:53

Contact eBay and ask them to remove the feedback. You're not supposed to leave personal insults. They may remove it they may not, it depends on who you speak to.

19lottie82 Sun 24-Jul-16 17:47:11

jayfee the person may only use the account for buying and in that case, they can only have 100%. You're better looking under the "feedback left for others section" of their profile to see if they have a habit for leaving unreasonable negatives.

Jayfee Sun 24-Jul-16 18:40:49

Yes that was what I meant.

BumpPower Sun 24-Jul-16 18:49:15

Thanks, will do. I haven't given him a refund yet as it said to wait until I recieve the stuff back. Should I refund now anyway?

gamerchick Sun 24-Jul-16 18:53:26

Nooo you'll not get anything back then.

19lottie82 Sun 24-Jul-16 20:30:23

no, do not refund until you get your item back. im hazarding a guess that they won't bother.

BumpPower Mon 25-Jul-16 15:07:04

Thanks to all of you. I sent the request for him to change his feedback. He has replied saying he bought the missing coins for £4 so not worth the hassle of a refun and has changed his feedback to nuetral!! Yay! grin

Coconutty Tue 26-Jul-16 09:51:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NeedACleverNN Tue 26-Jul-16 09:57:33

Some people really do chance their luck trying to get items for free. Because you didn't refund it, he gave up.

Had it happen to me. I sent some products, assumed they were delivered and left it at that. About 6 weeks later I got a comment asking if I had sent them as they hadn't received. I looked at the delivery information and found not only had it been delivered but signed for instead. Sent the proof to the buyer and updated my page with a tracking number in case they opened a case.

All of a sudden his tune changed. He had received them, he had meant to ask if I had anymore hmm

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Tue 26-Jul-16 19:36:30

That buyer needs reporting. I reported a buyer recently for being rude and aggressive, they had form for it apparently.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Tue 26-Jul-16 19:37:17

Oh and block them too, you don't want to cross paths again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now