This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller asking for my address

(6 Posts)
wowfudge Sat 16-Jul-16 17:34:59

I bought an item almost a fortnight ago which I should have received by now. The seller claimed it was posted the day I purchased and paid via PayPal. As it is within 14 days and no sign, I have messaged and stated that I want to exercise my right to cancel and get a refund. The seller has now messaged me asking for my address.

For a start, when I initially messaged to ask when it had been despatched, I linked the message to my order so the seller should have my details. They don't need my address to refund me do they? They should have it anyway.

I am wondering whether they are just going to send me what I've ordered again, if it was actually sent in the first place, instead of processing a refund.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Sat 16-Jul-16 17:37:26

Playing for time.

wowfudge Sat 16-Jul-16 17:38:29

Yep - I think you are right. It takes them a day to respond to my messages even when I reply straight away.

19lottie82 Sat 16-Jul-16 18:08:24

The seller is following correct procedure. The first thing you should do when an item goes missing, is to get a buyer to clarify the delivery address.

Often when an item is "lost" the buyer may have forgot to change their delivery address since the time they recently moved house or similr scenarios.

It take you two minutes to confirm your address. I don't see what the problem is. Again, the seller is just following procedure, there's no need for you to be difficult.

SavoyCabbage Sat 16-Jul-16 18:12:36

You are only supposed to mail things to the address that is on PayPal so they might be checking that they are both the same as each other.

queenofthepirates Sat 16-Jul-16 22:46:02

I get about 2-3 lost parcels a month and the first thing I always ask is-what's your address. Half the time it's gone to the wrong address. It's normal to ask this so just tell them where you live and it can be resolved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now