This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Refunding wrong postage amount

(8 Posts)
Ihearthearts Mon 27-Jun-16 09:30:23

I listed something with p&p amounting to £2.64 but when I posted it it turned out to be cheaper by 34p. Should I bother refunding the difference? Do PayPal charge to do this? My mistake and I don't want a complaint for the sake of 34p!

PurpleCrazyHorse Mon 27-Jun-16 09:42:48

I wouldn't. You need to cover packaging materials, fuel/time to get to the post office etc.

I always charge more than the stamps and would only look at refunding if it was considerably less than had been paid.

Ihearthearts Mon 27-Jun-16 09:57:26

I never factor those things in, I thought eBay discouraged all of that to stop people overcharging?

Only1scoop Mon 27-Jun-16 09:58:46

I wouldn't for that amount

Only1scoop Mon 27-Jun-16 09:59:54

Standard pack 2nd class is 2.80 I always charge 2.95 for packaging cost etc.

Ihearthearts Mon 27-Jun-16 11:05:40

Ok thank you. Maybe I should be adding a little extra then from now on to cover costs.

LemonSqueezy0 Sat 02-Jul-16 19:15:59

I always use myHermes so I know the price (usually £2.70) and it's tracked, no queuing at the post office etc. I also do free P&P and just factor the £3 in. Found it much easier

Noodledoodledoo Mon 11-Jul-16 12:06:08

Oh might look into Myhermes if its tracked - had a bit of a 'non delivery' issue recently.

I always round up the postage a bit - the bags I post stuff in aren't free or the tape, bubble wrap etc.

I am currently selling lots of clothes so have been charging as standard for small parcel, a couple have got through as large letter at the post office. I have then done a small refund to the seller - been most irked that neither of them have bothered to message me to say thanks! I have messaged both to tell them I am doing a refund due to postage being less than expected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now