This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item not received and cant find the "get ebay involved" option thing thats supposed to be there

(6 Posts)
LivinLaVidaLoki Mon 13-Jun-16 12:04:11

I have recently purchased some shoes, they were posted 2nd class on the day after the bank holiday (the 31st May)

I contacted the seller as I have not received them last thursday (9th June)

The seller responded to let me know she was still waiting for stuff too, so maybe it was the bank holiday holding things up. I had purchased them hoping to wear them on the Saturday night (11th June), so thougfht Id hang ona another couple of days.

Still nothing, so I opened a case on Saturday requesting a refund. I genuinely believe that this is an honest problem, that maybe it has got lost in the post, as the seller has good feedback. I requested a refund, as the only options were "I want the item" or "I want a refund", I dont think the item will arrive as surely the bank holiday post delay would not have affected it this much, and also, the sole purpose of buying them was to go with an outfit that I have to wear for an event that has now gone.

Later on Saturday ebay sent me an email saying "the seller has offered another solution", so I opened the message and it just says "I did post them the day after bank holiday, I dont have a tracking number as I sent them 2nd class, hope you receive them soon."

This is not a solution, really. So I thought I would now try the "ask ebay to step in" option that is supposed to be there, as the seller just seems to want me to indefinitely wait and see, but there is no option. In the meantime I am out for 2 pairs of shoes (I had to go and buy a pair on Saturday).

I have noticed that it said I can get them involved after 8 days but as I have received a response from the seller that is unsatisfactory, is there anything I can do to do it sooner?

I am sorry if there is an etiquette to how to do this that I am missing, but I have never had to do this before, so feel a bit lost really

EveryoneElsie Mon 13-Jun-16 12:28:23

Can you post a print screen shot of the page you are looking at? On a PC you can sue the Snipping tool or print screen shot, then edit it in Paint to crop it and blur out personal details.

EveryoneElsie Mon 13-Jun-16 12:28:39

^^Use not sue!

KatieKateKat Mon 13-Jun-16 12:30:30

Are you using an app or desktop site?

19lottie82 Mon 13-Jun-16 19:31:35

No, you can't do anything at this point.

Just wait until the 8 days are up then ask eBay to "step in and help".

robin64 Tue 14-Jun-16 23:48:16

Check sorting office - sometimes the cards are not put through door or go astray. Your parcel might be there. Happened once to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now