This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

EBay Buyer wants me to post item to different address

(6 Posts)
BagOfGiraffes Sat 11-Jun-16 17:01:20

Have sold a few bits on EBay before, but someone who recently won a bid is from USA...not paid 5 days later,so sent a message asking if she still wanted the item. She has replied saying its for her sister in the UK and supplying an address and could I send Buyer an invoice for the amount with supplied address on.
Never come across this before and although it is only for a small amount, I am wondering if this affects my sellers cover (by sending item to different address to winning bid)
Anyone have any ideas?
My head is saying don't do this!!

NanTheWiser Sat 11-Jun-16 18:13:21

EBay rules (and Paypal) say that you must only send to the address on their Paypal account, otherwise you won't have seller protection. I think it's possible for the buyer to add the address to their Paypal account if they want it delivered elsewhere. Definitely do NOT send to an address other than the Paypal one. I think you're right to have doubts, hopefully someone else will confirm my belief.

BagOfGiraffes Sat 11-Jun-16 18:50:20

Thanks Nan...thought there was something about that, but cannot find it in the Q&A section x

lljkk Sat 11-Jun-16 19:30:43

I did this today, (think I know what to do, hoorah!)

Tell your buyer,
First you refund any previous paypal payment.
Then send a revised invoice.
They pay the invoice using paypal as a "Guest". At checkout, they enter the address of their choice, using the credit card of their choice, etc.

Then you will get a paypal payment linked to the address they want, and everyone is happy.

ShellyF Sat 11-Jun-16 19:36:10

My paypal/eBay allowed 3 purchases this week to be delivered a person with a different name in California. I live in the UK.
Nobody can explain how this was allowed to happen.

19lottie82 Sun 12-Jun-16 00:15:13

If it's a low value item, hence you weren't going to bother sending it recorded in the first place, then it doesn't really make a difference.

If high enough value that you want to sent it recorded to cover yourself, then yes, refund and ask the buyer to re pay with new delivery address accompanying payment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now