This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer's paid, but not collected. What to do?

(8 Posts)
Draylon Tue 31-May-16 11:11:36

Briefly I put a collection only item on ebay, stating I wanted it collecting within 2 weekends of the auction's end, but 'would be reasonable'.

It sold for £9.99 which I'm fine about as actually, I just want rid; however, the 'contact' that was made was all in Chinese (?!), and the buyers details is a company in Germany! A good 2 weeks after teh auction ended, they still hadn't paid, so I contacted ebay with a 'non-payer' complaint; they paid up immediately- but that was all 5 weeks ago and despite me via ebay emailing them 3 times asking when they intend picking up, I've had no response at all!

I went back to ebay about a week ago telling them via their 'issues' contact page of my problem, but I haven't heard back from them.

What can or should I do?

StarUtopia Tue 31-May-16 11:14:35

You should never accept paypal for collection only.

The buyer can claim they never received the goods (as you have no proof of postage) and paypal will refund their money.

That's by the by though. I would do nothing. Forget about it !

lljkk Tue 31-May-16 11:14:56

Read thru this for ideas.

If it's a hassle to store, you could refund them now (pretend it's by mutual agreement), and then relist on FB or somewhere else. All your risk is negative f/back which isn't end of world.

VimFuego101 Tue 31-May-16 11:15:13

I would refund the payment (PayPal payment when an item is being collected is a bad idea anyway as you have no proof of delivery). You could give them a week's notice of your intentions if you wanted to be nice about it.

Draylon Tue 31-May-16 11:30:23

This is what I got back from ebay on 25/5:

"Hello Draylon

Thanks for letting us know about a problem you had with a buyer. Here's a summary of your report:

User ID: **

Reason: Your problem isn't listed here (please enter a detailed description of your problem)

(Me): Hi, my ad said I wanted this item collected preferably within 2 weekends of the auction ending, though I would be 'reasonable'. It closed on the 27/4/16. After more than 2 weeks, they hadn't made contact with me, let alone paid, so I 'complained' via ebay- and the buyer appears to have immediately paid- but hasn't made any contact with me whatsoever to come and pick up this kit. I want it gone, so can you reimburse him or whatever you do to non-collectors (maybe minus my fees?!) so I can relist? It appears he is based in Germany (I am in England!), the item clearly states it is pick up only. Thanks.

A: We'll take your confidential report and review it with other internal information (including reports from other sellers). Although we know you've submitted this report, it is anonymous to your buyer. Also, please note that we won't be able to tell you about any specific action taken for confidentiality reasons.

Sellers like you help keep the eBay marketplace a safe place to buy and sell."

So, what now? Should I contact the buyer myself and give him a deadline? I see I have a 45 day window to get my listing fees back.

lljkk Tue 31-May-16 11:45:08

Ebay customer services are pants for sellers.
You're going to have to take a chance no matter what you do.
If you wait you may not get fees back. If you refund payment they may neg you. Ebay CS may come thru for you. It's all pants.

Draylon Tue 31-May-16 13:49:18

Luckily the fees aren't big, a matter of pence- and I gather I can neg the buyer, too, if they neg me!

lljkk Tue 31-May-16 13:55:03

no, you can't ever neg buyer (on Ebay since like 2009), you can't even write negative words against a positive comment. Best you could hope for would be to get them banned from leaving you any FB (which could be neg).

My guess is that buyer has forgot about it & always will.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now