This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item sent, but buyer never picked it up

(4 Posts)
DingbatsFur Wed 11-May-16 19:52:12

Hi Folks,
Never had this one before.
I sold a bundle of 5 kids paper back books, free postage, but I set the starting price to cover my second class signed for postage.
Few bids, item won.
Packed it up and sent it.
Royal Mail tried to deliver it and then returned it to the sorting office, leaving a card.
So I emailed the buyer nicely saying the books were waiting. No reply. Checked again a few days later, books still not collected. Emailed buyer. Still no reply. Checked again today, it is now over 2 weeks since I sent the books and he still hasn't collected them.
It now occurs to me that probably they have decided they don't want the books and are going to wait for the royal mail to return them and then claim their money back. Leaving me out postage costs and ebay fees.

19lottie82 Thu 12-May-16 02:43:30

Personally, I'd wait and see if you hear from them. If you do and they claim non receipt then unfortunately, you will have to refund them, but get them to open a case, so you will get your fees back (but not the postage).

Did you put a return address on the package?

If this happens, make sure you block the bidder.

DingbatsFur Thu 12-May-16 07:43:20

Thanks, I did put a return address on the package.
Will just have to wait it out then.

WitteryTwittery Mon 16-May-16 19:36:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now