This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Advice on offering a buy it now price lower than reserve

(6 Posts)
krisskross Thu 28-Apr-16 21:45:01

I'm watching something with a reserve of £20 which ends tomorrow night and currently has no bids.

I contacted the buyer and asked if she'd accept a lower buy it now price, she said no she wants to wait for auction.

If there are no bids, can i contact her after the auction and make a suggested price? Or should i contact her again towards the end of the auction? Or should i just pay the 20 quid if there are no bids?

Thanks all.

starry0ne Thu 28-Apr-16 21:47:48

I guess if she has put a reserve on you used to have to pay extra for that option so that would be the minimum she would accept..

I know a lot of people don't bid till last minute so If I was a seller wouldn't consider it.

Is it worth £20 to you?

krisskross Thu 28-Apr-16 21:55:38

I guess it is starry......i'll hold off and hope my computer works fast during the auction smile

EveryoneElsie Fri 29-Apr-16 13:53:14

Just pay the £20 if its a fair price.
Its really annoying to get 100 emails all wanting your stuff for peanuts. And not bidding then demanding a deal is just as annoying. You might find yourself blocked.

krisskross Fri 29-Apr-16 19:28:14

I wasn't planning on demanding a deal Elsie!! Just trying to work out my options.

summerwinterton Fri 29-Apr-16 22:34:52

lowest reserve is £50 isn't it? Do you mean buy it now price?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now