This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Do people sell make up mistakes on eBay?

(7 Posts)
JackandDiane Fri 08-Apr-16 08:08:35

I've got a highlighter powder that was a misbuy. Obv opened and used once or twice? Is there anyway of advertising it thus?

Feellikeim10again Fri 08-Apr-16 08:11:58

I always see this short of stuff being sold on my local Facebook selling page. Maybe try there

JackandDiane Fri 08-Apr-16 08:18:48

Ta. Would do but I'm not a facebooker! 😄

19lottie82 Fri 08-Apr-16 10:31:45

Technically you're not allowed to sell used make up on eBay, but a lot of people do.

As there is no section to list it you will need to list it under "new", so make sure in the description it is detailed clearly as used.

However this obviously opens the floodgates for eBay removing your listing or buyers opening a not as described case as they didn't read the listing properly and thought the make up was new, hence you paying the return postage then having to refund.

JackandDiane Fri 08-Apr-16 10:55:31

Thanks lottie. If anyone wants a Kevin acouin highlighter ..

TeaPleaseLouise Fri 08-Apr-16 10:59:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lljkk Sat 09-Apr-16 10:14:53

I wonder if selling on facebook would be a lot easier, and can be completley honest.

On Ebay, avoid words like 'used' "second-hand" "nearly new" in the description, or any other words easy for their word filters to find. Go for

"I just tried this out once or twice but it really doesn't suit me. So very close to new."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now