This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item not as described

(15 Posts)
wowfudge Tue 05-Apr-16 23:56:40

I bought an item of antique furniture which, it turns out, has a noticeable crack along its length. This wasn't pointed out in the description and none of the photos showed it.

I've emailed the seller, said how disappointed I am that it doesn't match the description and that I don't want it in that condition. I'm not angling for a reduction, I feel I have been deceived. I've sent photos and messaged the seller via eBay - there's no way they didn't know the condition and it isn't just marks commensurate with age, it's a bloody great crack someone's tried to glue in the past!

So far no response from the seller - who has previously messaged me more than any other seller I've dealt with. How long should I give him to respond before I raise a dispute?

Coconutty Tue 05-Apr-16 23:59:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wowfudge Wed 06-Apr-16 00:06:59

Thank you - I will give it until the morning then do just that.

chubbyrunner Wed 06-Apr-16 00:08:27

Yeah agreed, sounds devious

summerwinterton Wed 06-Apr-16 09:20:05

How did you pay?

wowfudge Wed 06-Apr-16 09:32:28

PayPal. I've started as request for a return - seller states no returns, but I've put down that it wasn't as described. He's only responded to me after I started the request and is fobbing me off about it being designed that way, craftsmanship, etc. I'm not stupid - just because it is made of two pieces glued together doesn't mean the join should be visible. Okay, it's old, but describe it accurately. There's no way I would have paid what I did had I known its true condition.

wowfudge Wed 06-Apr-16 09:42:39

The seller has just emailed that they'll accept a return and refund me. Just got to find a way to get the thing back to him now! Anyone know a cost effective way of returning a not-very-heavy but bulky item? It was sent by Parcel Force 48.

summerwinterton Wed 06-Apr-16 10:16:43

Hermes - and the seller should pay.

wowfudge Wed 06-Apr-16 11:50:11

Okay - thank you. eBay are sending me a returns label. That makes things easier.

19lottie82 Wed 06-Apr-16 19:19:05

Make sure the returns label is suitable for the item you're returning. If it is bulky, it may not be.

wowfudge Mon 11-Apr-16 22:52:06

Hmm - the seller is supposed to organise the label and collection, but hasn't done yet. He sent me his address so I responded cutting and pasting the email eBay sent and he should know he needs to organise the return postage. He has until Thursday this week. It is a bulky item, although not heavy. What do I need to look out to be sure this goes back to him smoothly, especially if I have to contact eBay to sort it out?

wowfudge Tue 12-Apr-16 09:01:29

Have heard from him today so seemingly matters are resolved - slightly snippy message about if the item is damaged in any way I won't get a refund.

19lottie82 Tue 12-Apr-16 09:38:17

wow your posts are a little confusing.

You say eBay are sending you a label, then that the buyer is arranging a label / collection?

What's going on here?

What have eBay actually told you?

EveryoneElsie Tue 12-Apr-16 13:34:01

I would photograph it from every angle, then photograph it wrapped. Its not an honest sale so cover yourself.

19lottie82 Tue 12-Apr-16 14:25:17

I wouldn't concern yourself with that too much. Even if it was damaged in transit, eBay would still refund in full. It's not up to the seller.

But again, have eBay confirmed that the seller has to send you a label / arrange collection?

You MUST have some form of online tracking details before you let someone collect the item, if a courier like Hermes is collecting the item then the seller should provide a label for you attach to the item, and the tracking number should be on the label.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now