This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

buyer not collecting item

(6 Posts)
MrsFlorrick Sun 03-Apr-16 10:10:14

Sold a chest of drawers 10 days ago.

The buyer (zero feedback and claims to be 79) hasn't collected. I asked her when she would like to collect after the auction ended and she said she would get back to me. It took her over a week to do so.
She messaged me during the week to ask if she could get her man in van to collect on Saturday (yesterday)

I messaged back and said yes. Waited in for this and nothing. I have messaged twice to ask what she intends to do and put my mobile no in there so she could call. Nothing.

What now?
I'm not an experienced ebayer btw.

lljkk Sun 03-Apr-16 10:14:12

Go to Ebay resolution centre & file non-paying bidder. You need to get out of this contract so you can try to sell it again. (ie, she's a time-waster)

MrsFlorrick Sun 03-Apr-16 10:17:51

Thanks! thanks

What a hassle. She place 10 bids bidding against two other people to win the chest of drawers as well.

People are very odd.

summerwinterton Sun 03-Apr-16 10:29:06

You do know not to take Paypal for this don't you?

I would cancel, block and relist.

lljkk Sun 03-Apr-16 10:44:06

I wondered about cancelling, which is fine if Buyer agrees to cancel. Problem is the buyer can turn down a cancel request & then OP is really in limbo, can never file Non-payer instead, and has lost 10% fees no matter what, and is supposed to hold onto the item forever even if Buyer never turns up. Plus Buyer can still leave any f/back they like.

If OP files non-payer then the buyer has to pay so could pay by paypal. Then OP is obliged to hold onto item until buyer turns up. And in theory can still get their money back, too. But if the buyer never pays, they can never leave f/back & OP gets all fees back.

Reality, Buyer almost certainly has no money for any of this & will ignore anything OP does to cancel the transaction now, so it hardly matters! I still think NPB is best bet, and also the advised procedure Ebay would say.

MrsFlorrick Sun 03-Apr-16 10:45:07

Yes I do!! Ad states cash on collection only!

I've done as suggested and opened a case. Argh eBay!

It's strange. Whenever I buy any items, I've always bar one time, had great experiences and sellers have been lovely.

I've sold a few items as well and again no major issues.

I hope this resolves itself. I don't mind relisting the item but I mind being in limbo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now