This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

collected item now not happy

(10 Posts)
bluenailsblueshoes Sat 02-Apr-16 16:46:11

I sold an office chair the buyer collected and paid cash.
I told her when collected it had a few marks on it. She has now said she's not happy and the marks won't come off.
She collected it herself and as far as I'm concerned should have inspected it then and not taken it if not happy.
Would you refund?

imeatingthechocolate Sat 02-Apr-16 16:48:07

no

summerwinterton Sat 02-Apr-16 18:29:40

No and eBay cannot force you to either as it was cash.

expatinscotland Sat 02-Apr-16 18:32:40

No, I wouldn't refund her a bean.

nauticant Sat 02-Apr-16 18:45:56

No. Be polite but firm in your refusal.

expatinscotland Sat 02-Apr-16 18:58:13

Yep. 'It's a pity, but the item was sold as seen and the marks pointed out to you so I'm afraid there will be no refund.' What a time wasting, chancer cow she is!

SallyDonovan Sat 02-Apr-16 19:04:52

No, she had her chance to inspect and handed over the cash as she was presumably happy with it. eBay (normally notorious for siding with the buyer) can't do anything as cash was paid. Stand firm.

bluenailsblueshoes Sat 02-Apr-16 19:06:18

Ok thank you , if she gives me negative feedback will I be able to get it removed.

expatinscotland Sat 02-Apr-16 19:32:32

If you cannot get it expunged they may well allow you to respond to it. I wouldn't refund her.

19lottie82 Sat 02-Apr-16 23:00:42

If the feedback is factual then no, you won't be able to have it removed. BUT you can respond to it, for example "buyer inspected item before purchasing and didn't voice any problems"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now