This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

buyer lives around the corner

(8 Posts)
NewNameNoFace Thu 17-Mar-16 13:43:59

Hi,

I'm a novice when it comes to eBay selling, iv bought a fair amount but just recently started selling.

Someone was the winning bidder on an item all paid then I notice the beginning postcode is the same as mine, do I send as stated in listing or suggest hand delivery?

Seems silly posting when they only live 10 mins walk away.

The item is small and winning bid was less than £5 if it makes a difference

gaggiagirl Thu 17-Mar-16 13:47:13

I would hand deliver it after they have paid but I'm no ebay expert I just buy stuff. As a buyer I would appreciate the swiftness of a hand delivery <how rude does that sound?>

NewNameNoFace Thu 17-Mar-16 14:16:49

Haha that's what I was thinking, would you expect p&p refunded? And should I contact buyer before to ok it?

I don't want to break any eBay rules wink

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake Thu 17-Mar-16 14:23:54

Do not hand deliver if it was paid by paypal. They can claim it wasn't received and you will have no proof. Either post or refund for cash on delivery.

NewNameNoFace Thu 17-Mar-16 14:25:59

Thanks

NewNameNoFace Thu 17-Mar-16 14:26:21

Cupcake that's the kind of thing I wanted to know

Tiggeryoubastard Thu 17-Mar-16 14:31:32

Message them and ask if they want a refund and then pay cash on collection. As a buyer that would be perfect for me.

19lottie82 Thu 17-Mar-16 14:46:50

Yes, don't hand deliver if they have payed by PayPal. Offer to refund / hand deliver if they are willing to pay in cash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now