This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Global Shipping Programme and undelivered item

(9 Posts)
twofingerstoGideon Mon 15-Feb-16 11:00:29

I sold something for £150 and it was sent to China via ebay's global shipping programme. Now the buyer has submitted a claim via Paypal saying item not received.

Just seeking reassurance really that I won't lose money on this! I have emails from ebay saying (a) item received in their warehouse, and a few days later (b) item delivered in China.

I think the problem may have been that the buyer's delivery address had changed. He asked me to label the item with a particular address and to add a phone number to package, but obviously I was just addressing the item to ebay's warehouse. I forwarded the buyer's message via online chat and they said they'd noted the additional info, but obviously don't know what address ebay put on parcel.

Anyone got any experience of something similar?

19lottie82 Mon 15-Feb-16 12:14:33

Do you have proof it was delivered to the UK global shipping centre? This will be the address supplied with the PayPal payment. If so that's where your responsibility ends. Upload the information, and call PayPal just to confirm all the details.

twofingerstoGideon Mon 15-Feb-16 13:06:39

Thanks Lottie
Yes, I received an email saying it had been received by the Global Shipping warehouse.
I've passed on dates of emails received from ebay relating to the shipping and sent transcripts of associated 'chats' with ebay. Do you suggest actually phoning Paypal as well?

19lottie82 Mon 15-Feb-16 15:04:11

Personally I would give them a phone as well just to speak to a human, in case there's anything you or they want to clear up. Just for reassurance. You don't have to, but it certainly won't hurt.

19lottie82 Mon 15-Feb-16 15:05:03

Do you have the tracking details for proof of delivery to the global shipping centre?

twofingerstoGideon Mon 15-Feb-16 16:24:45

I no longer have the tracking details for delivery to the global shipping centre. It was almost three months ago that I sent it and once I'd had the email telling me it had been delivered safely in China I thought I didn't need it. I've been given the tracking number that relates to the Global Shipping Centre's onward transmission to China and have passed this onto the buyer and Paypal.
I never thought you could actually speak to a proper human at Paypal - they seem such a faceless entity. I'll try to do that on my day off.

twofingerstoGideon Mon 15-Feb-16 16:25:06

Thanks for all the suggestions, Lottie!

19lottie82 Mon 15-Feb-16 18:26:11

Hopefully I'm wrong but I have a feeling you may need to provide tracking details to win a case.
But as suggested call PayPal and see what they say.

Buyers have 180 days to open a case with PayPal so it's definitely worthwhile keeping hold of the tracking details, or uploading them to the eBay / PayPal records at the time of dispatch.

19lottie82 Mon 15-Feb-16 18:27:05

Sorry just noticed you said you have the tracking details from the GSC to China which show delivery, that should be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now