This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Best way to send a medium-size parcel?

(13 Posts)
GrumpyOldBag Sun 07-Feb-16 16:38:49

We are talking about the size of a case of wine, but lighter.

Parcelforce is 12.98, would a courier be cheaper?

If so which one?

Quoteunquote Sun 07-Feb-16 16:45:53

www.parcelmonkey.co.uk

nauticant Sun 07-Feb-16 18:54:14

Hermes is cheap. You can choose optionally for delivery to be signed for. I tend to use this for more expensive items.

lavendersun Sun 07-Feb-16 18:57:57

I use transglobal express, UPS are usually the cheapest on the packages I send although I had to return something fairly large to Expozzed in Germany and DPD were only about £8.

CointreauVersial Mon 08-Feb-16 21:19:14

Myhermes.

Way cheaper than RM.

summerwinterton Mon 08-Feb-16 22:10:42

My Hermes - always. I never pay for signature. You get automatic tracking so for cheap items it is totally unnecessary

nauticant Mon 08-Feb-16 23:06:19

Hmmm. Since over 20% of my parcels sent by Hermes are left outside delivery addresses I'm not keen on a £150 item sitting on someone's doorstep waiting for a dodgy geezer to come along. This is especially the case when it's going to a city centre flat.

I know that I'd probably win an ebay case but I'd far rather expensive items I send are actually handed to someone at the delivery address or at a neighbouring one.

CointreauVersial Tue 09-Feb-16 00:48:30

I'd pay the extra £1 for a signature if my item were worth £150! No point if it's just eBay crap from my loft.

VocationalGoat Tue 09-Feb-16 01:27:50

Parcel force is way too expensive.

I use Hermes as well quite frequently. It always ends up being the cheapest courier and I've never had any problems.

suitsyousir79 Tue 09-Feb-16 01:56:53

I use collect plus for sending parcels. You can pay and print labels online and my local offy collects the parcels.

summerwinterton Tue 09-Feb-16 08:36:43

Well of course you would pay for signature for a pricey item! I said it wasn't worth paying for a signature for a cheap item!

stealthsquiggle Tue 09-Feb-16 08:47:13

Parcel2go - will give you quotes for quite a few options. I tend to end up with DHL or FedEx for things that I don't want to trust to Hermes - but generally surprisingly affordable as long as you don't need next day guaranteed.

GrumpyOldBag Tue 09-Feb-16 17:47:23

Thanks everyone. Parcelmonkey seemed to work well, and was v cheap, although don't know if the package has arrived yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now