This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I feel like grassing up this ebayer for shill bidding!!

(9 Posts)
trixymalixy Sat 06-Feb-16 09:51:52

I'm not going to really, but just need a bit of a rant.

I was looking to buy an item and have been watching prices in eBay for a while. They usually go for between £100-130 max.

I spotted one for sale for buy it now £200 or best offer. I offered £130 initially, she said she wanted £180, I countered with £150 and said my reasoning.

She said no, so fair enough back to watching.

She keeps relisting and I offer the £150 once more but no.

She then relists it at £280!! Item was £325 new and several seasons old, anyone who could afford that would just buy new!!

In the meantime I buy one for £61 (woo hoo!) but continue to watch her relisting the item over a period of months.

She then lists as an auction starting at £150, and it finishes at £180. I was cursing a bit as she got what she wanted for it but also a bit suspicious

Lo and behold it's just been relisted as an auction starting at £150. Wonder what happened there then hmm.

Very amusing, she could have sold it last October if she hadn't been so greedy!!

trixymalixy Sat 06-Feb-16 12:14:01

Ha ha, it just finished with no bidders!

mmmminx Mon 08-Feb-16 12:13:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CallieTorres Mon 08-Feb-16 12:16:35

Why don't you report her? Surely if you do then you're making ebay better for everyone if she is shill bidding and they can tell if she is

Scoopmuckdizzy Mon 08-Feb-16 12:22:43

What is shill bidding?

mmmminx Mon 08-Feb-16 12:24:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nauticant Mon 08-Feb-16 13:36:39

continue to watch her relisting the item over a period of months

I was cursing a bit as she got what she wanted for it but also a bit suspicious

You're a bit over-invested in this OP. Just let it go.

trixymalixy Mon 08-Feb-16 16:35:26

I was watching it to see if she put it up for a reasonable price. But now I'm totally over invested in laughing at her greed and I'm enjoying it!!

Mmminx, no she only has one of the item.

SpotOn Mon 29-Feb-16 21:21:54

Well, she seems to be her own worst enemy. [grin[

I hope she provides you with months more entertainment with her nonsense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now