This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Help me with PayPal please?

(5 Posts)
Fabellini Tue 29-Dec-15 11:13:33

I don't really use eBay at all, but for the first time ever I put a bag for sale there - which someone asked to buy, all good. She asked how I'd like the money, so I said if I gave her bank acc details could she pay it in for me. She messaged me back to say she had paid me through PayPal as she only has a business acc, so couldn't put money in my bank.
I have no idea if anything I suggested was out of order, or not the normal way to do things, but anyway.....
I had to go to PayPal, reset password, fill in address details, bank acc details, etc as I have never ever used it - there did seem to be a basic account attached to my email address which I presumably set up when I joined eBay 11 years ago - but as I said, I've never used it.
The money is now showing as pending, how long before I can actually get it? And why is it even pending anyway? Buyer has the bag, so why can't I have the money? I don't understand!
If I have inadvertently breached some code or something could somebody please explain to me how I should go about things in the future? I don't want to get it wrong, or be accused of trying to do something dishonest.

YeOldeTrout Tue 29-Dec-15 11:32:46

Ebay-Paypal don't trust you as a new seller. After you send the item out, if buyer has a decent amount of time to realise that they have no complaints, then the money will be released after a week or so (I don't know precise time).

AFAIK, All Ebay sellers are required to accept Paypal if buyer wants to use it, one of the Ebay T&Cs.

Sounds like everything is fine for you, just have to wait for the gears to grind.

19lottie82 Tue 29-Dec-15 14:57:03

Yeah it can take a while. PayPal should have given you an estimate as to when the £ will be released. In the mean time send the bag and upload the tracking details to PayPal and eBay. This will help speed the process along.

Fabellini Tue 29-Dec-15 17:08:44

Thank you both, I guess I'll just need to wait, although it seems a little unfair as buyer has the bag already!

summerwinterton Thu 31-Dec-15 12:01:00

you can add your tracking info - that may speed it up. You did send tracked didn't you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now