This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Just had an item removed from sale for violating trademark policy - why??

(6 Posts)
CocktailQueen Thu 10-Dec-15 15:50:49

It was a bottle of aftershave - a demonstration one. Is that the problem? If so, can I just list it again but not say 'demonstration bottle' in the listing?

eternalopt Thu 10-Dec-15 16:25:34

A genuine one ? What aftershave is it? Does it already infringe someone else's trade mark?

CocktailQueen Thu 10-Dec-15 16:27:45

Yep, a genuine one. Davidoff Cool Water. No idea if it does, but why on earth would it?!

eternalopt Thu 10-Dec-15 16:41:08

Nope. Shouldn't do then. if you were selling "davidon coooool water", i'd get it!!

JaneAustinAllegro Thu 10-Dec-15 16:48:44

in my business, demo items are distributed free of charge and clearly marked "not for resale" and we can have them pulled from EBay if they're on sale prior to us selling them to the public, but after that, not - it's simply a second hand sale.
Trademark infringement doesn't cover this however - the mark is still the same and clear for use on the product in question, assuming that it is kosher product (& how are you sure?) - probably more a policy on selling demonstrators - to which the question is obviously how did you lay your hands on something that's nto meant to be sold?

CocktailQueen Thu 10-Dec-15 18:00:34

Friend of mine works for perfume counter, had an extra bottle, gave it to me, knew I was going to eBay it and was happy with that. Most odd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now