This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer claiming item not as described...however her comms to me tell me she is lying?!

(20 Posts)
Elsie212 Sat 15-Aug-15 16:04:49

Help please.

Sent item with no stains.

I charged £2.80 P&P but when I paid for the despatch it was just 80p so I emailed the buyer & advised that as a gesture of goodwill I would give a refund of the difference. (No obligation for me to do that) I haven't done that yet.

Item received & buyer claimed staining visible so item not as listed, wants a partial refund. No stains on it at despatch.

HOWEVER....earlier today she did inadvertently (addressed to someone else) send me an email about staining on an item & she'd like a refund!!!

So it seems she has form for this.

My feedback from 600 transactions was 100% positive & she has left neg feedback for me.

Can you please tell me where I go to on the Resolution Centre as I really am unable to take a call from ebay at the mo? I thought they do a live chat but can't seem to locate it.

Thanks.

bloodyteenagers Sat 15-Aug-15 16:16:20

Tell her to send it back and once you have established that it is your item, in the condition that was posted in, you will refund her.

Buyer will either post it go away.

Elsie212 Sat 15-Aug-15 16:28:46

I did. She refused & immediately left an angry email and neg feedback.

seaoflove Sat 15-Aug-15 16:39:51

What a crook. Sorry, no advice, but can you take it up with eBay?

mmmmmchocolate Sat 15-Aug-15 16:43:18

As you offered a refund when returned, ebay will remove the feedback for you. The buyer would be expected to do this. Just google 'resolution centre ebay' and you'll just log in on your browser. I spoke to someone on an online chat and they removed the feedback and blocked the buyer for me. (it was late at night so i got to chat quite quickly) They might look into how many refunds she has had recently and give her a warning too if you raise your concerns.

YeOldeTrout Sat 15-Aug-15 17:11:08

I will eat my hat if Ebay remove that feedback.

She has already negg'd you so you have NO GOOD REASON to engage any more, you can never get rid of the strike you already have and she can't make it any worse now.

Put her on your blocked list & forget about it (pm me & tell me her name so I can put her on my blocked list, too).

Elsie212 Sat 15-Aug-15 20:57:11

UPDATE

As the buyer had rejected my offer to return for full refund & her form for scamming has been noticed now, the feedback was removed immediately.

In top of this, she has been banned from attempting to communicate with me & has been added as a Blocked Buyer smile

Optimist1 Sat 15-Aug-15 21:01:16

Result! flowers

seaoflove Sat 15-Aug-15 22:53:23

Excellent!

TheReluctantCountess Sat 15-Aug-15 23:09:50

That's a great outcome.

19lottie82 Sun 16-Aug-15 09:26:13

As you offered a refund when returned, ebay will remove the feedback for
you.

Totally untrue.

19lottie82 Sun 16-Aug-15 09:30:24

In future ask for photos of the staining. If it exists then ask them to return the item for a full refund.

You were lucky that eBay removed the feedback, as they weren't obliged to do so, as you said the buyer must have history of similar situations.

Just because you offer to refund doesn't mean eBay will remove NF, even if the offer of a refund is ignored.
I've had a few requests for irrational NF to be removed, rejected, as eBay says it's a reflection of how the buyer feels in regards to their purchasing experience.

chippednailvarnish Sun 16-Aug-15 09:32:46

Don't ask for photos of the staining - the crook will just stain the item!

19lottie82 Mon 17-Aug-15 11:04:08

Don't ask for photos of the staining - the crook will just stain the item!

No, not necessarily. A lot of the time, if they are lying, it puts them off proceeding with the false claim.

I for one want to see evidence of any damage to an item, before accepting a return.

Itsallaboutme3 Mon 17-Aug-15 20:58:03

Same happened to myself last week. I asked the buyer to send item back and i would refund. She became really nasty and 'just wants partial refund'. I think they must try it all the time but it is good to know ebay have removed the neg feedback

19lottie82 Tue 18-Aug-15 08:26:31

Itsallaboutme

Yes, sadly this is a common scam, requesting a partial refund.
As a business seller, I don't get involved in these, as it just encourages these chancers.

Return for full refund, or nothing.

19lottie82 Tue 18-Aug-15 08:32:41

In top of this, she has been banned from attempting to communicate with me & has been added as a Blocked Buyer

Hi OP, who told you this, was it live chat? As they are notoriously useless and give out wrong info.

EBay can't ban someone from communicating with another eBay user (via eBay messaging), unless they get banned from using eBay altogether.

And YOU need to add the buyer to your blocked buyers list, eBay can't do that for you.

Footle Tue 18-Aug-15 08:39:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

YeOldeTrout Tue 18-Aug-15 17:07:01

I'm nibbling (lint in mouth)... just astonished. Never ever thought Ebay was ever so nice to a seller. Must be a very new broom policy or something!!

Elsie212 Tue 18-Aug-15 21:43:18

Just to answer some of you...

I didn't ask for photos as I had a feeling she would have just stained them. I requested she returned.

Ebay withdrew the neg feedback on the basis the buyer refused to return for a full refund. They spent 20 mins whilst on the phone to me reading through all messages exchanged & confirmed I had followed the correct process & as such, negative feedback was removed.

The customer service staff were very professional - The initial peraon checked with 1 of her superiors to ensure she herself was following the correct procedure & advising me appropriately.

The buyer inadvertently communicated with me in error (as explained in OP) by avoiding the official ebay message route, which was of great interest to ebay when I spoke on the phone with them. I have the name of a 'superior' (manager) who wants to see all emails sent from the seller that have deliberately bypassed their message service.

Ebay went into my account & blocked the buyer whilst talking to me on the landline. I checked whilst on the phone that this was indeed actioned, just like I did at their request that I confirmed the neg feedback had been removed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now