This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I've left + fdbk but have noticed a hole in the dress - buyer not communicating

(6 Posts)
18yearsoftrying Tue 28-Jul-15 07:55:50

Anything I can do?

Bought used dress for baby, I left positive feedback then noticed a hole the size of a fingernail slap bang in the front in the centre.

I'm good with repairing but this is in such an obvious place it can't be fixed cleanly.

Buyer hasn't acknowledged my communications.

Can I do anything please? Can't find the answer on ebays "Help' section.

ThoseAwfulCurtains Tue 28-Jul-15 08:01:01

I wouldn't think so but I'm not an expert on ebay. If you have a sewing machine it would be easy to applique a little heart or flower shape over the top of the hole and maybe a couple of others randomly so it isn't too obvious?

nauticant Tue 28-Jul-15 08:22:50

You open a Not As Described case. The outcome will very likely be that you get a refund of the money you've paid if you send the item back. This will probably be at your cost but it's possible you will be able to get ebay to pay or the seller to pay.

If you are sending the item back for a refund you must use a tracked service to prove delivery back to the seller. This should cost about £3 if you use Hermes.

nauticant Tue 28-Jul-15 08:25:31

Oh, and I meant to say, the feedback you left is irrelevant. The comment you make in the Not As Described case will completely overrule that.

18yearsoftrying Tue 28-Jul-15 09:10:02

Thankyou for your thoughts.

Another case has arisen this morning...

An item descriped as unworn & bnwot has arrived & it very clearly isn't.
I've contacted the seller who denies it. Says it has been stored, never worn. The bobbling is significant & the elastic & fabric is baggy & mis-shapen.

This isn't fair...I'm completely honest in my listings.

RoganJosh Tue 28-Jul-15 09:12:57

I think you should open the case with Paypal, not ebay. They are much more likely to just refund you and then get the seller to prove the condition of the item if they can (which they can't).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now