This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Posting internationally

(8 Posts)
eyelashcurler Thu 25-Jun-15 09:50:19

Hello - has anyone posted internationally on eBay? Every time I list I seem to get a request, but have always said no as it seems like such a pain in the arse a bit inconvenient.
Had a request this morn from Italy and think it's £15 to send my item tracked, a bit steep for the buyer..!
Any experience of doing this, or do you all turn everyone down like me?

Lunastarfish Thu 25-Jun-15 10:01:02

Personally I have never had a problem shipping abroad until I started using Ebay's global shippin programme. I have posted to Romania, USA and France (just mormal post, no tracking) with no problems at all.

I have used the global shipping programme once and there was a huge delay in the item reaching Spain. If you use the GSP I recommend that it is sent recorded so you can prove to ebay that it was posted.

lljkk Thu 25-Jun-15 11:29:48

Only if I can't sell it in UK for a good price.
I rarely send tracked abroad, no one will want to pay it.

PurpleFrog Thu 25-Jun-15 12:30:06

It depends what it is. I do include international postage if I think it is something that will appeal to the overseas market and will be reasonable to post. Royal Mail charges a lot now to post abroad - a few years ago postage to Europe was only a bit more than domestic postage for many items. Looking at my list of "sold items" I have 5 that were posted abroad in the past few months. None were sent tracked but they were all less than £10.

I have recently been enrolled in the Global Shipping program and I promptly un-enrolled myself!

bostonbaby Thu 25-Jun-15 13:10:03

I do. I sell a lot of retro trainers and sportswear which goes down really well here and abroad. Probably 1/4 of it goes abroad so I'm sure it bumps the final sale price up as they seem willing to pay quite a lot for it.
I send recorded to gsp centre and then the extra cost/time is out of my hands.
I used to send airmail and only had missing goods going to China and south Africa so would always ensure is recorded to gsp as very easy to prove your end of the bargain.
Thinking on though, I wonder who would be liable if you could prove it had been signed for at gsp and it then went missing on its onward journey abroad? Would ebay sort it out themselves with the buyer or would they be just as quick to order you to issue a refund? hmm

eyelashcurler Fri 26-Jun-15 14:43:42

Thanks all. After a bad experience (as a buyer) I would not send without tracking. It's a bit cha-ching to send to Europe, but if they're willing to pay for it & bid more for the item... Doing a body swerve with the global delivery thingy...

nauticant Fri 26-Jun-15 15:53:55

After a few successful goes with the GSP I realised that giving ebay control of a shipping leg meant they could mess up and then they would hit me with a stick because the seller is always in the wrong.

I really didn't fancy that at all.

mirai Fri 26-Jun-15 16:11:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now