This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

should I request that the item is returned with signed for postage

(8 Posts)
soverylucky Mon 15-Jun-15 21:36:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ragged Mon 15-Jun-15 21:50:10

Ho hum
have they opened a case or just communicated informally?
How much did they pay (including postage)?

soverylucky Mon 15-Jun-15 22:23:55

19lottie82 Mon 15-Jun-15 22:42:31

They have to prove its been returned (delivered) to get a refund. No proof, no refund. So if they return it recorded it's essentially for their benefit, not yours.

soverylucky Tue 16-Jun-15 07:21:16

FloristHump Tue 16-Jun-15 07:27:35

Just out of interest, who should pay for that return postage? Given that the buyer is unhappy due to eg not as described, poor quality etc, why should they be out of pocket? Not saying that's the case here but been in similar myself as buyer, and ended up keeping the dodgy item as didn't want to be out of pocket having paid return postage yet nothing to show for it.

IDontDoIroning Tue 16-Jun-15 07:28:55

Buyer pays return postage in my opinion

ragged Tue 16-Jun-15 12:33:17

If they have opened a case then Ebay will issue them a prepayment label for the value of refund postage (including whatever recording Ebay requires) which OP will pay for. I haven't gong thru the procedure so don't know the precise steps, but I am sure that's what it is. OP already has a defect so now it's a matter of protecting FB and keeping buyer satisfied.

If it were a very low item & buyer hadn't opened a case, I would suggest just letting buyer keep it, refund them & forget having it back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now