This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Should I refund p&p

(5 Posts)
icclemunchy Sat 06-Jun-15 14:27:32

Sold an item on eBay (0.99 if it makes any diff) but I sent the wrong one, totally my fault. Have the seller option of keeping one she has or returning it and I'll send the right one.

She wants to return it but me to pay postage, so I'd be out of pocket for 2 lots of postage (the return and reseeding the new one) do I have to reimburse her? Or is it up to her to cover postage for returns?

notapizzaeater Sat 06-Jun-15 14:28:51

Err, you by your own admission sent the wrong one, why should she pay for your mistake ?

QueenYnci Sat 06-Jun-15 15:00:56

Obviously you need to pay the return postage (or just let them keep it and send the one they bought as well). These things happen but it's your fault and there's no reason the buyer have to pay any extra just to get the item they ordered.

icclemunchy Sat 06-Jun-15 15:06:02

Feeling slightly dim now for not even thinking of telling her to just keep it and sending the replacement blush

Think ill just do that!!

Gingefringe Sun 07-Jun-15 08:36:57

Of course you must cover the return postage. I did this recently by sending two people the wrong items and whilst they were both lovely about it, it was a lot of hassle for me. In the end I arranged for the return via Hermes and emailed them postage labels taught me to be a lot more careful!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now