This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can I have a Gumtree rant....

(2 Posts)
sayerville Fri 29-May-15 19:14:27

On all of my listings I say ' please do not email to ask if this item is still available, if it is advertised on here it will be available' and what do I get? Emails all the time asking just that.

Today I had someone arrange to pick up a piece of furniture when I didn't hear from them they claimed they emailed me earlier (they didn't) to say they were not coming as it wouldn't fit in the car. She had no intentions of coming so why not say so!

Most of the replies are just 'timewasters' Drive me mad if it wasn't for the fact it's free and there's no commission like eBay I wouldn't bother, wished there was an alternative to both eBay and Gumtree

TheFnozwhowasmirage Fri 29-May-15 19:57:08

I don't bother with it any more,I've never sold anything via it. I use local FB selling pages,but they can be hit and miss with people not turning up too. Part of the reason I get a lot of no shows,is that I don't live in a town so people have to drive to me,a lot of people don't drive these days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now