This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How do I get buyers to leave feedback?!!

(8 Posts)
yesbutnobut Wed 27-May-15 10:23:42

I've fairly recently started selling stuff on eBay and I'm finding probably less than half of my buyers leave feedback. That's even when they've had an almost new Monsoon top for £1.99 or similar. Is there anything I can do? I'm loathe to contact buyers to ask for feedback but should I? I always leave positive feedback for buyers - I just wait around a week to make sure they've got the item - so you'd think they'd reciprocate. Most annoying thing is that many of the buyers have got very high feedback ratings themselves and must realise that having feedback is how Ebay works.

Do I need to just forget about this? Or is there anything people can suggest?

ThedementedPenguin Wed 27-May-15 10:38:16

Don't contact them. If I get bugged for feedback then I refuse to give it.
I tend to do all my feedback in one go so usually wait a few weeks and then go through it all. That way it gives me time to use/look at what I have bought

twistletonsmythe Wed 27-May-15 12:33:47

you don't in short - it is voluntary and you badgering for it could get you a neg. It makes no odds if you leave feedback for them - if they don't want to leave it they won't. It is not an integral part of the transaction and many people never leave any. Be grateful for none as opposed to a neg or neut.

twistletonsmythe Wed 27-May-15 12:34:58

and if you are selling a new top for £1.99 you aren't starting at a high enough price, or ending at the right time of day. Try BIN with best offer instead.

And btw as a seller you can only leave pos for a buyer.

19lottie82 Wed 27-May-15 13:28:09

Almost half is about average, so I wouldn't worry about it. You're not doing anything wrong.

yesbutnobut Wed 27-May-15 15:59:54

Thanks all - I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. I'll continue to 'do as I would be done by' and leave positive feedback when I'm happy with my buyers or sellers. I agree I should be grateful for no feedback as opposed to negative or neutral!

glammanana Thu 28-May-15 08:22:01

I used to wait for my feedback and worry when it did not appear but now know that no feedback means the buyer is happy with the item "no feedback & no contact" makes for a happy sale in my book now,feedback received is a bonus for me.

yesbutnobut Thu 28-May-15 09:29:34

Thanks glammanana I'm sure this is the right approach!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now