This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Non-paying new buyer How soon can I relist?

(4 Posts)
lyraspace Wed 13-May-15 13:16:59

I'm about to open a case for non payment as it is over three days since auction close. Buyer appears to joined ebay just to bid on my item, which was expensive. I accepted a best offer from them and they haven't paid or responded to my message.
I'm now wondering just how long I have to wait to relist? The case remains open for approx 10 days (I think?) but it seems unfair I have to wait so long for somebody who is so unlikely to pay.

Why do they do this! They tried to make a similar offer for one of my other items, but I declined this as they hadn't paid for the first.

nauticant Wed 13-May-15 14:42:14

I'd not relist until the case is closed. It sucks but there it is.

You should block that buyer.

lyraspace Wed 13-May-15 14:47:30

Oh I will block them to be sure!

Aargh, that seems so unfair I have to wait the whole 10 days, though, plus the time after the auction waiting for payment. They got a bargain too (still 100s). I feel most aggrieved about it, the number of problem buyers on ebay makes me very wary of using it at all lately.

Cherryapple1 Wed 13-May-15 15:03:43

no the case is open for 4 days only, not 10 - and never relist or do a second chance offer until it is closed or you risk 2 annoyed buyers and maybe 2 negs. Plus lots of fees.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now