This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

help! Buyer says the item is faulty when it was fine when i sent it. What to do?????

(9 Posts)
soverylucky Thu 07-May-15 07:21:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cherryapple1 Thu 07-May-15 07:55:47

tell them to open a case for a return and refund - nothing else you can do.

SistersofPercy Thu 07-May-15 13:08:27

In the interim ask for a photograph of the damage to establish if they have indeed broken.

If they have then personally I'd just refund and move on. Asking your buyer to return knackered shoes is counterproductive as if they open a case you'll probably end up paying for the return, they won't be impressed and their feedback will reflect that and ultimately knackered shoes will end up in the bin anyway.

Sometimes it's easier to protect your account than argue the toss over a cheap pair of shoes.

19lottie82 Thu 07-May-15 16:07:23

I agree. Ask her to send photos, and if they are indeed damaged, just refund and tell her to bin them.
Not your ideal outcome, but you won't get anywhere if you fight this and at least this way you'll hopefully avoid negative feedback.

soverylucky Thu 07-May-15 18:07:21

SistersofPercy Thu 07-May-15 18:33:10

The thing is they were obviously fine when she got them or she wouldn't have worn them

If there was a weakness there she wouldn't have known until she wore them! I had a new washer delivered that was fine until I tried to use it and it broke.

You need to refund her everything, if she opens a case you will have to refund her original bid, her P&P AND her return postage.

ragged Thu 07-May-15 20:01:37

If it's truly low price I would ask for a picture & then refund the lot without asking her to return (you'll be out an extra lot of postage for what... a £1 item? Neah, what's the point of that?).

And then put them on my blocked buyers list.

soverylucky Thu 07-May-15 20:05:21

nauticant Thu 07-May-15 23:20:48

I think that's the best approach.

I hope you don't take this as me being arsey soverylucky but in my experience when using ebay it's much better to focus on the practicality of stuff rather than the principle. I'd say focusing on principles causes the most stress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now