This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Anyone else fed up with the '20 free listings' thing and the price of listings after you have gone over the 20?

(12 Posts)
marne2 Sat 23-Aug-14 18:06:53

Just a rant grin

I sell a lot on ebay, a couple times a year I have a big clear out of the dd's clothes and list it on ebay, listing kids clothing has always been free so didn't really mater if I sold a few bits for 99p. Now they have the 'free 20 listings thing' which is great if you are selling stuff other than clothes but once you have listed 20 items in a month they are charging 35p a listing, no way am I paying 35p plus PayPal fees on a item that might only sell for 99p.

So now I have a whole pile of clothes which I can't list until next month when I can list another 20 items.

Is anyone else slightly pissed off with this?

Janek Sat 23-Aug-14 18:17:33

Second account?

butterflybuttons Sat 23-Aug-14 18:58:21

free listing this weekend too - there are loads of free listing weekends still too.

But if you want you can have 10 ebay accounts - is not against the rules.

marne2 Sat 23-Aug-14 19:07:26

Thank you, forgot about free listing weekends.

marne2 Sun 24-Aug-14 14:59:07

Ok, got all my stuff ready thinking it was free listing but apparently it's not? Has anyone got free listing this weekend? Am not not just slightly pissed off, I'm desperate to make some money to get the dd's new shoes and can't list for free ( no way am I paying 35p ).

butterflybuttons Sun 24-Aug-14 16:00:13

try opening a new eBay account and see if you qualify then.

pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/1990/

marne2 Sun 24-Aug-14 16:33:16

Who's going to buy off of me if I have no feedback? sad

I don't really want o open another account, I have over 6000 feedback which helps me sell, I don't think I would sell with a account with 0 feedback.

xxreeldancerxx Sun 24-Aug-14 16:39:01

Try selling similar items in bundles if same age .... Saves you having to list everything individually

marne2 Sun 24-Aug-14 21:12:10

I think I will have to, bundles is the way to go.

starterforeight Mon 25-Aug-14 19:21:50

You can sell with zero feedback, I've set up 2 additional ebay IDs to maximise the use of free listings and if people want what you're selling they will still buy. Just list your best stuff on the new ID(s) and you'll soon have some feedback.

CatteLady Mon 25-Aug-14 19:52:41

If you're selling clothes, try Depop. It doesn't fuck private sellers over like eBay!

CatteLady Mon 25-Aug-14 19:53:54

If you're selling clothes, try Depop. It doesn't fuck private sellers over like eBay! I don't think there's a limit on listings, and no fee on postage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now