This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

When to start worrying?

(7 Posts)
OneSkinnyChip Wed 20-Aug-14 21:57:52

I won an item on Ebay 5 days ago, I paid within seconds of the sale ending. Item still isn't marked as dispatched. I've 'contacted seller' twice, politely asking when the item will be sent and haven't heard a peep. Is it time to 'open a case'? I've never had to do it before so I'm not sure how.

shotyourfox Thu 21-Aug-14 07:47:35

Has the seller got good previous feedback? I've had this recently. I bought quite an expensive item and paid straight away. Item took a while to be dispatch and seller wasn't responding to my emails. I started to panic (and posted on here!) However seller had been on Hols and didn't mention it. He sent the item the next day. Had you had any communication with the seller before purchase? If you are really worried I would contact eBay customer support for advice. You can contact them through the 'help' section.

BikeRunSki Thu 21-Aug-14 07:51:21

Have you double checked the listing to see what they've put got despatch time? Have they said anything about being away or unable to post until a certain date?

butterflybuttons Thu 21-Aug-14 07:52:13

too early to open a case - but you can pull the number and give the seller a call.

OneSkinnyChip Thu 21-Aug-14 13:30:21

Still nothing sad It wasn't hugely expensive (jeans) but it's annoying me more that I haven't heard anything. I will give them until the weekend when it will be a full week. Hopefully I will hear from them before then.

They do have good feedback so maybe they have been away. Nothing about a dispatch date. I'm not a frequent ebayer so I don't know the ins and outs of finding numbers or using the help centre.

Thanks for the advice all.

butterflybuttons Thu 21-Aug-14 17:01:35

www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9

there is the link to get their phone number

what is the item number - there will be an estimated delivery date.

OneSkinnyChip Sun 24-Aug-14 10:35:23

No item as yet but I at least had an email. No excuse just hi your item will be posted tomorrow (Mon). Over a week after the auction ended. I am not impressed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now